First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    I love motorcycles, and dancing, I'm annoying and read a lot about a lot of things, and small animals occasionally make me cry.

I do not question your N-ness, or your extrovertedness, I do, however, doubt your T-ness.

So you are rational, and blunt, and have a dark and flavorful sense of humor, last I checked, many extroverted, intelligent human beings exhibit these traits, including, yes, ENFPs.

If you are an ENTP, then so am I.

There's a difference in personal writing style between you two. His line about 2008 "kicking his dick in the dirt" via that "bitch goddess" is classic shocking-and-maybe-a-bit-offensive ENTP...he just doesn't put things gently the way ENFPs do. ENTPs aren't afraid to bluntly tell you that you've asked a stupid question; ENFPs make every effort to be personally accomodating until given a good reason not to. ENFPs simply act more politely toward others by default--they generally have to be convinced that you've intentionally done something mean before they'll turn their Ne toward something other than positive/reassuring responses.

Granted, ENTPs usually aren't overtly rude until given a good reason to be, but our default mode of writing and expression is more blunt, straightforward and less focused on preserving the feelings of others. ENFPs don't generally consider stupidity on its own to be an offense worthy of aggressive admonition--but we do. They won't turn on you until they think you've willfully disrespected someone's feelings or their feeling-based value systems. ENTPs don't need this criterion; just showing stupidity is enough for us to at least point out pretty bluntly that you're wrong. T, I say.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

violaine

ESTPs are blunt and shocking too. ESTPs like to best others and have 'gut' feelings which is something Syn talks about quite a bit. (We chat a bit ) hmm I really can't pick between ENTP and ESTP atm. There is a lot in the ESTP description that I read that resonates.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ESTPs are blunt and shocking too. ESTPs like to best others and have 'gut' feelings which is something Syn talks about quite a bit. (We chat a bit ) hmm I really can't pick between ENTP and ESTP atm. There is a lot in the ESTP description that I read that resonates.
    I don't know. ENTP's seem pretty damn competitive to me. I also think ENTP are likely to go with their 'gut'. Couldn't this be Ne?

I should ask sandwich and Chris1207 since they met me on Monday when I was in Seattle.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

violaine

^It's really the promoter/persuader (ESTP) vs inventor (ENTP) thing that has me a bit twisted...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ^It's really the promoter/persuader (ESTP) vs inventor (ENTP) thing that has me a bit twisted...
    Nobody puts Synarch in a corner.

violaine

lolol, ok, I'll go with the Cabernet-Shiraz blend thing for you then...

heart on fire

ENFP - Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving

Male ENFP: Gender differences can be significant for males because the qualities most associated with ENFPs are more traditionally attributed to females: sociability, desire/need to please, intuition, spontaneity, and concern for other people. As a result, when an ENFP male "plays" into those natural preferences of his personality, he can find himself outside the male "establishment." Ironically, this may set him up to overcompensate and behave in ways atypical for ENFPs -- to be, for example, competitive or overly argumentative. Seeking group approval, he may get involved with contact sports or other "tough" activities, though he would really prefer to be elsewhere. ENFP males, somewhat more than other F males, may also fall into the trap of physical seduction as a way of establishing their masculinity. Indeed, both male and female ENFPs can be intellectually and physically seductive.

MBTI
    ENTP

Oh. Well, that's true. Don't let CC see this.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think if you cooled out a little, you could likely be an ENTP. You're definitely deeper than some ENFP's I've met.
    Wow, Wow, WOW!!!

I've spent too much time trying to play the detached NT game, I've thought myself and the world around me to pieces, I have attempted to dissect, rationalize, disregard, devalue, and distance myself from the most important and essential things I've deeply care(d) about and value.

I care about people, I care about life, both my own as well as others, and there is no cognitive exercise I can engage in that will change this about me. I am vulnerable to not only my own feelings but also the feelings of others, oh well.

If you are intelligent and tenacious enough, you can rationalize nearly any world view, disregard any feeling.

Perhaps you are inclined to think about things, a whole lot.

Well, guess what, that comes with the territory of being intelligent, and whether you be an F or a T is besides the point.

Let's take Shakespeare, for example, that guy's "dormant" Te pwns every NTs on this forum. Wanna know why? Because he was a genius.

The point is this, if you are intelligent, you will exhibit "NT" behaviors.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Wow, Wow, WOW!!!

I've spent too much time trying to play the detached NT game, I've thought myself and the world around me to pieces, I have attempted to dissect, rationalize, disregard, devalue, and distance myself from the most important and essential things I've deeply care(d) about and value.

I care about people, I care about life, both my own as well as others, and there is no cognitive exercise I can engage in that will change this about me. I am vulnerable to not only my own feelings but also the feelings of others, oh well.

If you are intelligent and tenacious enough, you can rationalize nearly any world view, disregard any feeling.

Perhaps you are inclined to think about things, a whole lot.

Well, guess what, that comes with the territory of being intelligent, and whether you be an F or a T is besides the point.

Let's take Shakespeare, for example, that guy's "dormant" Te pwns every NTs on this forum. Wanna know why? Because he was a genius.

The point is this, if you are intelligent, you will exhibit "NT" behaviors.
    I think you make some good points in here. Somewhere.