User Tag List

First 614151617 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Synarch is too impersonal and insensitive to be an F, I think.

I believe CC makes a good contrast to this, since she personalizes everything and pads much of her discourse with pacifying modifiers, oddly, even when she does things like tell someone that he/she is a blithering retard.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTP

I agree with your assessment Magic. I was just going to comment on how frequently she injects herself and stance into her posts. There's a definite heavy emotional vibe from many of her posts, and if I were to apply the same considerations to Synarchs posts I'd probably be disgusted and heavily offended if he similarly felt as passionately as CC did about everything. I mean even look at his jokes in this thread.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

ENTP.

Very good question. Your question shows you're a thinker for one. And clever in finding outside credibility to add efficiency to gaining closure to this secondly...as ENTPs under stress turn into field marshalls to get the job done..as it may seem like this type of questioning has been dragging on for too long to you.

Good job.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Nobody likes a critical spirit.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    ENFPs normally don't place "I'm smarter than you" subtext in their writing until provoked, but once they start doing it, it's really prominent, even a bit exaggerated.
    As a matter of fact, ENTPs and ENFPs are supposed to have opposite reactions when provoked, or when they have to cope with a real difficulty, because they are tempted to switch to their tertiary mode.

I'd say an average ENFP doesn't think as a first premise (s)he may be "smarter than you", unless under great stress, as a last resort (->Te).

While the ENTP would consider (s)he's "smarter than most" as a default attitude, unless proven otherwise. When an ENTP experiences real stress, then (s)he may suddenly drop his "shield of arrogance" and ask genuine, sincere questions (->Fe).

An ENFP wouldn't do that: the angrier s(he) becomes, the more blunt and arrogant, while for an ENTP, the trend is reversed.

1) ENTPs tends to be quite confrontational at first contact; while diplomacy comes later.
    2) ENFPs are enjoyable and warm at first contact; while arrogance comes afterwards.

Take for instance our dear CC: the more she's angry, the more visible her Te (or something close to it). While on the other hand, the more you would yell at me, the more I'd be tempted to use a "softer" or "subtler" approach (Fe).
    Last edited by Blackmail!; 02-15-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Cute--

Almost every T says he's T and almost every F says he's F.
    You have the same trend with every "famous" person that people identify with.

For instance, Solitary Walker has typed every possible geniuses in human history as INTPs.

Predictable!

---

Anyway, the truth is I don't know what is the real type of Synarch (if ever types are real). I've read him quite thoroughly (mainly because I'm spending 90% of my time here reading people), but I don't think there is a simple answer.

I'd say that each type comes in various species, I don't think I would need to make a long speech to prove how varied and unique each human being is (Victor, where are you?).
    And there are several kinds of ENTPs, even if most of them are able to recognize each other. Most of them doesn't mean all of them, of course (and that's better this way).

For instance, I'd say Eck and Simulatedworld are archetypal provocative young ENTPs. They literally exude raw, unrefined ENTPness.
    While Entropie, Whatever or Substitute would prefer to display a somewhat "cooler" attitude, more communicative.
    There are also very dark mooded ENTPs, while there also are light, joyful ones. Or both!

And while for me... well... again, it's never easy.
    There are plenty of times when I read Eck, and that I say to myself I could have written this... But you know, I'm getting older... so I wouldn't dare it anymore, or rather, now I would try to phrase it otherwise. My ENTP core is becoming more carefully hidden within each new year (mainly for social reasons), or rather, I think its flamboyance manifests in different ways.

Anyway, Synarch never especially striked me as an ENTP. That doesn't mean he isn't, though! Maybe he could explain us with whom he identifies the best, and why?
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    as ENTPs under stress turn into field marshalls to get the job done..
    That's not true. Or rather, we do not have the same definition of a "stressful" situation.

When they have to face a really difficult or embarrassing situation, you should see the ENTP shadow appears, and that means Fe-Si, not Te-Ni (= true "field marshalls").

7w8 SCUxI

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmail! View Post
    I'm spending 90% of my time here reading people...

... how varied and unique each human being is (Victor, where are you?).
    Here I am mate, being varied and unique all by myself.

And I think it is because you are spending 90% of your time reading. Quite frankly, Blackmail, I would be delighted to read more of you.

But instead, I am being unique and varied all alone, and you are reading all by yourself.

And I do think you should share yourself more with us Blackmail, and in return I will share my varied uniqueness.

What more could we want?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I feel more S than some ENTP's seem. How would I know the difference?
    Well, for one example, you feel more S than me because I'm 100% N on the MBTI. My Si is so stupid I don't even know what to do with it.

You're just not as N as some ENTPs. Most of the ones here seem pretty strongly N; you're just closer to center, so a little better on S tasks and a little bit weaker on N ones. Less extreme = more balance.

Sometimes I would give my left arm to be better at S tasks. I am such a space cadet; it's completely outrageous. As a result I never really garner the respect of many strong Sensors (except for SPs in a musical setting) because my awareness of the things they consider most important is often so poor. I especially don't get along with too many SJs--they are relationships of mutual tolerance at best.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Pfft, I'd bet the farm on his being an F and not a T.
    You can leave the farm deed in my mailbox.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?