User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is the word "retarded" offensive?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, every time it's used, no matter the circumstance.

    10 11.11%
  • Only when used to refer to a mentally handicapped person (see OP).

    44 48.89%
  • No it's never offensive (I'm insensitive).

    36 40.00%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 120 of 120

Thread: The Word "Retard"

  1. #111
    (☞゚∀゚)☞ Array The Decline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    780

    Default

    This thread is quite retarded. And by that I mean that it is rather mentally handicapped and that I am derogatorily calling it out as such.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

  2. #112
    Senior Member Array avolkiteshvara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    YaYa
    Posts
    895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Decline View Post
    This thread is quite retarded. And by that I mean that it is rather mentally handicapped and that I am derogatorily calling it out as such.
    +1
    I do feel a little "faggy" posting in this thread.

    There seems to be a life cycle attached to certain words. When these words get old, they take on connotations of past views and it is necessary to use a different word that is more socially appropriate.....and on........and on........the cycle of life and death continues.

    Even "African American" can be construed as out of touch and phony....too PC.

    So use whatever fucking words you want. If they aren't obsolete now, they will be.

  3. #113
    half mystic, half skeksis Array jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post

    Even "African American" can be construed as out of touch and phony....too PC.
    I hate that term. Seriously, how many black americans do you know have ever stepped foot in africa? And if white is just white, then call black people black. But if you are going to call a black person african, then you should call a white person european (instead of classifying by country). These silly terms make no sense to me. At the end of the day, just call all citizens/permanent residents AMERICAN and be done with it.

  4. #114
    Senior Member Array stigmatica's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I hate that term. Seriously, how many black americans do you know have ever stepped foot in africa? And if white is just white, then call black people black. But if you are going to call a black person african, then you should call a white person european (instead of classifying by country). These silly terms make no sense to me. At the end of the day, just call all citizens/permanent residents AMERICAN and be done with it.
    What if you're 1/5th Native American 4/5th Irish/English/German/Who knows what? Mutt? I can except that

  5. #115
    half mystic, half skeksis Array jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    What if you're 1/5th Native American 4/5th Irish/English/German/Who knows what? Mutt? I can except that
    sadly, I am not too far off.


    but I was born and raised here, and I've given enough of my tax money over the past 20 years, so: AMERICAN.

  6. #116
    Senior Member Array stigmatica's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    sadly, I am not too far off.


    but I was born and raised here, and I've given enough of my tax money over the past 20 years, so: AMERICAN.
    Way to burst my bubble! I thought you were 100% Gelfling!

  7. #117
    half mystic, half skeksis Array jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    Way to burst my bubble! I thought you were 100% Gelfling!
    tsk tsk - read my user title: half mystic, half skeksis. from the U S of A.

    sorry about that bubble, though - sometimes I just don't know my own strength.

  8. #118
    Senior Member Array Gewitter27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI
    Posts
    651

    Default

    'Retard' and 'Retarded' are both words. They are words, and they are not swears or the like, therefore it is perfectly okay to say these words when you please.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

  9. #119
    Senior Member Array Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    and I've given enough of my tax money over the past 20 years, so: AMERICAN.
    Hmm, this might explain why I don't always feel that Portuguese...

  10. #120
    Senior Member Array Snoopy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Retards are smarter then morons, imbeciles, and idiots. If my memory from an old Uncle John Bathroom reader is correct.

Similar Threads

  1. The Word "Fag" (Split: The Word "Retard")
    By Brendan in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-10-2009, 02:00 PM
  2. Major drama on MBTIc discussing the "N" word
    By Tigerlily in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 271
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 08:26 PM
  3. Implications of the word "lifestyle"
    By Totenkindly in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 02:36 PM
  4. What's the word for "pertaining to children"
    By darlets in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-16-2007, 08:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO