User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Self-Hypnosis

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    So what did you think of the website Victor?
    I think it is a good hypnosis video.

However it is an hypnosis video, not a self-hypnosis video.

Hypnosis establishes a loop between you and the hypnotist, while self-hypnosis is a loop entirely within oneself.

Always remembering that whether you are hypnotised or self-hypnotised, that your are vulnerable to suggestion.

In any trance state you will take in any suggestion without it going through your critical mind.

For suggestions that are good or harmless, this is no problem. But some suggestions are not good or harmless.

So - before you go into any trance - you should decide with your critical mind, what suggestions you will make to yourself or allow to be made to you.

A good suggestion to make at the beginning of your exploration of trance, is to say, "I do not allow myself to be hypnotised against my will, or without my knowledge".

Interestingly, I paid to be taught self-hypnosis by a Sprorts' Psychologist. And he gave us suggestions, such as the one above, to ensure our safety in trance.

And quite frankly, I couldn't have taught myself self-hypnosis from a book. I really needed hands on experience with a professional.

If you want to explore trance further, you can't do much better than clicking on -

The Trance Institute

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I think it is a good hypnosis video.

However it is an hypnosis video, not a self-hypnosis video.

Hypnosis establishes a loop between you and the hypnotist, while self-hypnosis is a loop entirely within oneself.

Always remembering that whether you are hypnotised or self-hypnotised, that your are vulnerable to suggestion.

In any trance state you will take in any suggestion without it going through your critical mind.

For suggestions that are good or harmless, this is no problem. But some suggestions are not good or harmless.

So - before you go into any trance - you should decide with your critical mind, what suggestions you will make to yourself or allow to be made to you.

A good suggestion to make at the beginning of your exploration of trance, is to say, "I do not allow myself to be hypnotised against my will, or without my knowledge".

Interestingly, I paid to be taught self-hypnosis by a Sprorts' Psychologist. And he gave us suggestions, such as the one above, to ensure our safety in trance.

And quite frankly, I couldn't have taught myself self-hypnosis from a book. I really needed hands on experience with a professional.

If you want to explore trance further, you can't do much better than clicking on -

The Trance Institute
    Thanks.