User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    why goddamn why is the corporate world ALWAYS identified as ENTj. That's just the perpertation of a self-fulfilling stereotype. intuition? initiative? innovation? where does these 3 things stand in relation to the corporate world?
    Te is the money function.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    why goddamn why is the corporate world ALWAYS identified as ENTj. That's just the perpertation of a self-fulfilling stereotype. intuition? initiative? innovation? where does these 3 things stand in relation to the corporate world?
    It's kinda like how Ni Fe is related to tarot cards and Se Ti is related to military.

lol
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Uwace View Post
    Te is the money function.
    yea but u don't make a lot of money nowadays by being an office worker
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

i guess all this discussion is very relative, since living in a city or a country you can experience multiple realities and so country types will depend on your personal lens.

that being said, from my (educated) experience, Portugal is certainly introverted (shy, not proud of itself), it is intuitive (focused on "pathos", you know, "saudade"? melancholy, on the idea of a long lost empire that will one day come back. on the idea of a bigger connection to the sea and africa and brazil. there is a lot of pathos and abstraction there), human and human scale, so i give it a F and certainly non judgmental and non organized, so i give it a P.

finalizing with INFP, which i think could be well representative of the country (Portugal is not a mediterranean country, maybe thats where you typing it as an ESFP is coming from. same goes with Greece - like Portugal it is simple, "dark" and melancholic. -> of course its not just this, right? there is a lot of sun and friendly people in both countries, but I'm just trying to give you an idea of its soul, not the outside)

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    You're swedish YLJ? That explains a lot.

Well, I read somewhere Portugal was an ESFP nation, and I'd have to agree.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

i agree!
    Quote Originally Posted by iris.moon View Post
    I'm INFP.
    I live in Italy and I see my country as an ESFP.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

maybe thats why i like it so
    Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Germany is so INTJish it hurts.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

I was interested in seeing how England is defined.

First parenthesis, how can the above poster like thatcher? thats horrible. its almost like wanting hitler back. she was horrible. she's right there as the first instigators of the capitalism we have today.

Second, wow are you sure about England being a feeler? What about the "stiff upper lip"? What about "keep calm and carry on"? What about the queen? What about british people not demonstrating their feelings and getting wasted every saturday and creating chaos? There is a lot of repressed feelings in britain.

Thirdly, how about we discussed countries and their associated cognitive functions? For example, to the person giving a lot of dominant Fe to asian countries.....would northern european countries, protestant countries, be more pragmatic and therefore sensing, and mediterranean countries maybe be more N? Other examples: for my personal curiosity, what would be an extraverted intuition (Ne) dominant country? What about an Fi?

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    No silly I was pointing out to another thread starter that a similar thread exists.
    Also England as ISFJ. Interesting choice. Did they not build one of the worlds biggest (if not biggest, too bored to google, shame on me for not knowing) empires?

But then again ISFJ is a good choice. Why?
    Because the British empire was gradual (step by step) but more than that it comparatively shed less blood than other expanding empires.

But then again they are one of the most cunning races on earth.
    They have everyone in their pockets by fooling them with their warm and friendly appearance.

But again, with the above argument I managed to contradict what I was trying to say.
    To say that England isn't ISFJ.

Maybe Saslou you are correct.
    England reeks Fe and Si.
    With Fe Si also come Ne Ti.
    So England's cognitive functions are - Si, Fe, Ti, Ne
    Maybe not in that order but the functions are true.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESTp

Serbia:

• Intuitive, most certainly Ne-dominant (just look at the movies!)
    • Extroverted (openness and sociability are highly valued)
    • Percieving (people are very anarchic and laid-back)

That leaves ENFP and ENTP. I'd go for ENTP, since there seems to be a much higher emphasis on Fe than Fi, and people are very warm, but only superficially and often fake. Foreigners are often surprised with the hospitality and xenophilia, but that's simply because we are curious and want to know more about them. Also, we have a history of very unconventional, off-the-wall military and political tactics that just scream ENTP. During the NATO bombing in 1999, the anti-air defense was very creative in finding ways to counter the powerful NATO aviation - intentionally downgrading the radar technology in order to exploit a loophole in the F-117's stealth system, burning hay to trick IR-guided rockets, adding mirrors to farm equipment to fool radars and even building whole fucking inflatable airports and military bases, with inflatable airplanes, tanks, soldiers and everything else you can think of in order to confuse the stupid Americans.

Also, the sterotypical Serb that shows up in regional jokes is a somewhat amoral wisecracking trickster, and threads about MBTI on Serbian forums have a really large percentage of ENTPs (and INFJs, but that's another story).

So yeah, ENTP.
    ENTJ 5w6 so/sp SLE

Society

*thread necro*

me: ENTP

Israel: ENFP

E>I: statistically, Israel is the most extroverted country in the world, with introversion rates as low as 31% (in contrast, japan is the most introverted, with 57%).

P>J: sociologically Israel is exceptionally risk-taking and disorganized, with high rates of entrepreneurship and the common family rolling in debt, the ability to make it as you go in conjunction to poor organizational skills, are prevalent from the households to the city halls, and one of the first thing any tourist will find out is the utter disregard to ques lines.

Fi>Fe: if a nation could shout "we are all individuals" without the slightest awareness of irony, it would be happening right here. warm hearts and high tempers are the expectation, and social courtesies are the exceptions rather then the norm, and the Fi volcano metaphor might as well be the Israeli stereotype.

Ne>Ni: while deep running traditions underline everything, they are continuously pushed into the sidelines as society runs after better possibilities left unfiltered. with an internal diversity of ways of life that statistically seems impossible in such a small population, from the kibbutz's to start-up culture and so many different religious sections diverging faster then they can grow, Israel a near self-mocking composite of contradicting dreams, each out of touch with the concrete Se world in their own way, seemingly tailored together in a huff.

MBTI
    xxTP

I don't get the concept.

Is is "type the culture of the country" or

"type the role of the country on the global stage according to its positioning in relation to other countries"

The second would be more interesting.

In either case I cannot agree at all with the person who said Britain is ISFJ.

British people are famously unemotional and rational. I would say ISTJ.

On the global stage, Britain is ESTJ. A manager. USA is the world CEO (ENxJ) and Britain the Managing Director.