User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I've been thinking about this and was realizing that each type's humor seems to be based on toying with whatever is their foundation perspective. Things that are ridiculous and surprising could be the common thread. Here's my hypothesis so far...

INTPs toy with logic and linguistics like printing a syllogism on silly putty and stretching and laughing...

ISFJ's have a strong sense of what is appropriate and i know some who find 'odd' behaviors and such hilarious. I have one close ISFJ friend who loves to coax others into walking weird in front of others and such. It feels so dangerous that it becomes screamin hilarious.

INFJs point of reference is iNtuition with makes connections and examines paradoxes. I think that certain kinds of absurdity that almost make sense, or make a comical connection are the punch line.

INTJs like complex, somewhat elitist humor that most people won't be able to make the connections to get.

ESTPs love outwitting danger and may find the stupidity and slapstick style of the Three Stooges to die for.

ISTPs may be similar to ESTP seeking out a kind of slapstick twist of logic putty?

ISFP/INFP focus on feelings so accident forlorn expressions and mishaps that toy with empathy are spot on.

I haven't accounted for the rest.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ERTP

INTJs like complex, somewhat elitist humor that most people won't be able to make the connections to get.
    I. An INTJ.
    best collection of philosopher typings online

http://www.celebritytypes.com/philosophers/

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I've been thinking about this and was realizing that each type's humor seems to be based on toying with whatever is their foundation perspective. Things that are ridiculous and surprising could be the common thread...
    ESFPs focus on anything exciting or fun, and often they veer towards the socially inappropriate or taboo topics with their humor; asking the most inappropriate questions possible or pushing the boundaries of good taste tends to be instinctive for them. But often they will laugh at whatever gets anyone else nearby to laugh, so their humor can change based on the context.

I have seen ISTPs be able to appreciate INTP-ish Monty Python humor, except that the more goofy or absurd it gets, the less interesting it seems to them. They usually need it to stay anchored in some way to stay relevant.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    ISFP/INFP focus on feelings so accident forlorn expressions and mishaps that toy with empathy are spot on.
    This is true, I have an unexpectedly vindictive sense of humour at times. I found much of the Jackass movies shamefully hilarious, and was always laughing at my friends when they had skating accidents. I thought I'd just been heavily influenced by my INTJ father, but it's because I'm INFP?

MBTI
    ENTP

oh my god! I saw that webpage several years ago but I totally forgot about it.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    4w5

It's actually written by an INTJ, if you look carefully!