User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Default Need Help... [Assignment]

They've screwed me. Give me any assignment which doesn't involve emotions and I'll do it. Am competently lost here. Sahara help!

Skill: Knowing Your feelings and Expressing them.
    1. Tune into what is going on in your body that helps you know what you are feeling.
    (Some clues are blushing, butterflies in your stomach, tight muscles, etc. - refer back to what you covered in the last exercise).

2. Decide what happened to make you feel that way
    (Focus on outside events such as a fight, a surprise, etc.)

3. Decide what you could call the feeling
    (Think about the different range of emotions; also think about how you can be experiencing different emotions at the same time)

4. Think about the different ways to express your feelings and pick one
    (Consider pro-social alternatives such as talking about feelings, doing a psychical activity to blow off steam, telling the object of the feeling about the feeling, walking away from emotional situations or delaying actions. Consider how, when where and to whom the feeling could be expressed).

5. Express your feeling

Using the questions below record how effectively you were able to use the above skill in a real life situation.

A) Why did you have to use it?

B) How well did you follow the steps?

C) What was the outcome?

------------------------

See what I mean? I don't really have emotions. What am I supposed to write down. Am just lost here. Whats the objective? am honestly confused! can someone please help me out here?

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    See what I mean? I don't really have emotions. What am I supposed to write down. Am just lost here. Whats the objective? am honestly confused! can someone please help me out here?
    Everyone has feelings, everyone has emotions.

Hell, you feel something about this assignment. You are uncertain, edgy. You feel your body, most likely, responding by becoming more erratic, on edge, jumpy. It came about because you are forced to interact/deal with something that you aren't familiar, aren't comfortable with. You could express it by getting up and burning off the stress, you could lash out, you could see someone to talk to in order to find a way to deal with the underlying cause, you could internalise it... lots of options.

Not really that hard, I don't think... it's not exactly like I'm an emotional/feeling type of person, but we all have those elements in us!

MBTI
    infx

It seems likely that you do have emotions...most people do. Surely you've felt anxious about a test before. The assignment itself seems to be provoking a reaction in you. Write about that if you're that stuck. Surely feeling completely lost is causing some emotional reaction in you...anxiety? You've actually chosen an internet forum to tell people you feel lost and confused. That sort of answers question 4.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Boy, this thread is the sort of thing that just writes itself, isn't it?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Boy, this thread is the sort of thing that just writes itself, isn't it?

I found the OP hilariously ironic.

I'm with PTgatsby and dissolved girl, I would just like to add, that you are way to hung up on the terms "Emotions" and "Feelings".
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I found the OP hilariously ironic.

I'm with PTgatsby and dissolved girl, I would just like to add, that you are way to hung up on the terms "Emotions" and "Feelings".
    Yes, this is a clear example of a loaded language problem. The assignment is only difficult because it causes one to face one of our own identity issues.

But really, if someone as serious as I am has feelings/emotions... Sona, you have them in spades. Big backhoe types of spades.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    But really, if someone as serious as I am has feelings/emotions... Sona, you have them in spades. Big backhoe types of spades.
    Yes, he should really get a beeper for when he trundles that thing around in reverse... he could level an entire city block.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post

I mean Sona you are always talking about how angry you are, didn't it occur to you that that is a feeling? that that is an emotion?
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'd guess he's afraid to admit he has more sensitive emotions. I'd also guess he's afraid someone might question his masculinity. This thread seems to be more about pride and self-image, than anything else.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

There's a simple trick to this, Sona. You don't have to be honest.

Simply think of an emotion, such as 'anger'. Then think of what happens to a person's body when they get 'angry', such as their eyes becoming fixed, their muscles tightening up, and their blood pressure increasing. Even how their veins pop out, perhaps.

Then, come up with a situation that might cause someone to get 'angry'. Perhaps their child just spoke back to them. Perhaps someone told them that their beliefs were worthless and pathetic, or perhaps someone broke something that was important to them.

The third one will be easy, because you've already decided what emotion it is. You could be experiencing rage, anger, and fury. For additional background, simply think about what other emotions typically accompany or precede anger. Anxiety, hate, etc.

The fourth one basically asks you to give them some kind of unlikely false response that they want to hear, and associated with the above emotion. Just tell them you would consider talking it out with a councilor, going to the gym and punching a punching bag, or drawing a picture that expresses your anger.

The fifth one should be fairly easy. Just think of how an angry person usually acts, and extrapolate from that. Just say, "My blood is boiling. I am so furious that this person could possibly dare to treat me this way. They had no right to do that. I want to see them suffer. I want to make them pay. But I'm even angrier, because I know that I'll be the one who gets in trouble if I do anything to them. That's so unfair, and it makes me mad!"

Well, you can either try and come up with something on your own, or use what I wrote.