User Tag List

First 6789 Last

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

I got Dodger from a foster service that took dogs from kill shelters. I have never regretted getting a mix breed rescue dog.

Chihuahuas and Chihuahua mixes are incredibly intelligent and make great companions. Chihuahua mixes have fewer health problems and when buying a Chihuahua, go for a larger one because the tiny ones get sick fast.

My dog has a bit of Chihuahua in him. You can definitely see it in his tail.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    *turns to jelly* Aren't they the most fabulous little creatures ever? Mine sleeps in the crook of my arm every night, with her head buried in my hair.

And TOTALLY AGREE about not buying from pet stores. Never, never, NEVER get a dog from a pet store.
    I have to admit, however, that my dachshund was bought from a pet store (my parents' idea, not mine), but we got lucky because she came with papers and wasn't at the store for more than a few days. So she was rescued.

So she's not retarded, so I'm not ashamed of referring people to pictures of her.

She was from Amish country, however, and Amish people put a hex on you.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'm against buying from pet stores because of the disgusting cruelty they allow to flourish (the puppy mill industry). Not everyone knows about this, and I am a bit annoying and evangelical about spreading the word. Unfortunately Amish country is known for its horrendous puppy mills.

Not the dog's fault, though, Uber, I love all doxies. Will go and look at photos now. Mine is a 6lb mini smooth.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENTJ

Aw, she's adorable. Black n tan mini smooth? I wonder if she'd get along with my Tinker? Tinker is not fond of other females so maybe not!
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Aw, she's adorable. Black n tan mini smooth? I wonder if she'd get along with my Tinker? Tinker is not fond of other females so maybe not!
    Yeah, we actually did an experiment with getting a second puppy, who was also female.

My dachshund didn't like that at all, so we had to get rid of the other dog. It could also be because my dog is used to getting all the attention.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Dachsunds are also great. A friend of mine has one and he is pretty easy to care for and very attached to her. He also looks so cute in his little sweaters. They are slightly ridiculous, what with the big ears and the bow legs and the waddling. But I guess I better not point any fingers in those regards.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    not my favorite but he's smallish and a guys dog haha
    I love these lol they're so comical looking and hyper...at least from vids I've seen

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tbqx8zyJvgQ&eurl=http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog&feature=player_embedded"]bull terrier vid[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Lol. It's still going to be a while before I can get a pup (living conditions in the military prohibit) but in a little over a year and a half, when I have an apartment, I can get one. I've been thinking maybe an English Bulldog. What are some other suggestions along those lines (smallish, cute, friendly)? I prefer medium to smaller size dogs. I've never cared much to have a larger dog like a Lab, Doberman or something like that. Maybe if I had some property or something, but for a college bachelor, living in an apartment.. it doesn't work so well.
    We have a Westie at home. They're a big dog in a little body and very cute while still managing to look a bit scruffy.

Not my dog, but a good looking one. Mostly I grabbed this because this is the look that they have when they stare at you. Quite piercing.

"I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

No one has mentioned a poodle - they are very smart, non-shedding and friendly, fun dogs. You can get them all the way from tiny toy to standard-bred sizes (standard bred is about the size of a german shepherd).

You don't have to get them trimmed all fancy, just see how cute this one is:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

And this is what girls do when they see your toy poodle:

Lots of colours too to suit any mood: black to white to apricot, how can you go wrong! But you better like to go for walks, because they have energy to spare!