User Tag List

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 13 facts!

9w8 so/sx

1. I dislike writing specific number of random things about myself...

*runs away*

Senior Member Array InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar

1. I am strange and have no desire to be otherwise
    2. The word HATE and toy guns were banned in my home when my children were small
    3. I never want to lose that childlike sense of wonder
    4. I am passionate about fixing things wrong in education (seen by most as the compassionate, rational analyst of processes)
    5. I have an adult son who was diagnosed as Aspergers in his 20s but whose innocence of the world and laudable, but not survivable, ideals would make me cry when he was growing up (he is leading a rich life with great compassion now at 35 that probably would not have been possible but for his being bullied as a child)
    6. Music is my memory of the sound track of my life - I love all kinds bar Death Metal and some Country&Western but have a particular fondness for the Blues and World Music
    7. I must have a minimum of 2 to 3 hrs a day on my own with no interruptions
    8. I am 55 and yet I have been called an Indigo child by many
    9. My children learned the phonetic alphabet before the real one when 3 and 4yo as I studied ellectronics and amateur radio
    10. I love a good philosophical argument, particularly when I can hear other intelligent perspectives, but I loathe unthinking dogma and have no time for ignorant fools or "poor mes".
    11. In another lifetime I had certified developer status with Apple and developed and exported Australia's first digital clipart (bitmap and then vector)
    12. I believe that no-one else is responsible for my acquisition of knowledge but me much to the disgust of a previous manager who liked to use training and PD as a Pavlov's Dog type reward. He didn't like the fact that I buy my own books and training.
    13. I believe that we need to rethink Western Education to maximise on the talents of our young - work smarter and stop banging round pegs into square holes! MBTI is a good starting point tho not the answer!
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

451 sp/sx
    INFp Ni

1. The proudest moment of my life was when I won a Young Authors contest and heard it announced over the PA system at school.

2. Worms, spiders, and centipedes fill me with an unreasonable but potent terror.

3. I'm nearing my middle twenties, and I still like Pokemon games.

4. I consider television to be a waste of time and never watch it unless you count the occasional movie or miniseries download (and by "occasional," I mean very occasional).

5. My greatest personality flaw other than self-doubt is laziness. Unless I face a deadline, I'd rather stare off into space than do anything productive. This is something I hate about myself, but I seem to hate changing it even more.

6. Any given personality trait of mine is likely to be paired off with an equal and opposite one. I'm so contradictory that it's a wonder I don't split into two people.

7. I rarely think in terms of falsity. I consider all things to be true in their own limited way, and in any given case, it's only a matter of understanding what that way happens to be. If I reject something as false at all, I do it purely out of emotion and with a certain playful irony.

8. At the same time as I'm very accepting, I also tend to have high expectations of people. That's nothing compared to the expectations I have for myself, though. I can do something as minor as forget to buy Swiss cheese, and when I find out, spend several minutes swearing at myself, making self-criticisms, and threatening myself with violence.

9. I'm afraid of people because they expose my flaws and make me feel ashamed.

10. My favorite book is The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, although I'm not an Objectivist.

11. The greatest virtue (as I see it) is self-belief, followed by action and passion.

12. My earwax smells like mint, but doesn't taste like it.

13 is my favorite number.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar

- I was born in a village I never lived.
    - I'm a Libra with a Taurus ascendant.
    - I have ADD.
    - I am a very picky eater, I only like sour and spicy food and comfort food.
    - My favorite color is red.
    - If I die I want to have the song "Read my mind" turned on during my funeral.
    - I actually don't really want a funeral when I die, I'd rather see them send off my dead body into space and having it explode very high up in the air.
    - I'm 1.65 meters tall.
    - My shoe size is usually 39 and sometimes 38, even though people insist that I'll try size 37s lately too.
    - I have a cat named Patsy.
    - Before I had Patsy I had two birds, Csilla and Felix (they were both older than me, they were actually my parents's).
    - I'm 18 years, 9 months, 7 days, one hour and 18 minutes old.
    - I just had a little accident yesterday at work and now I literally have blood on my hands.
    - I'm going to study psychology.
    - My lucky number is 6.
    - I have a mini fridge in my room.
    - Is this 13 yet?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    1. I dislike writing specific number of random things about myself...

*runs away*

*runs farther away*

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

More facts:
    1. I am an excellent swimmer... but dislike being in the ocean and don't like getting my hair wet.
    2. I read The Lord of the Rings and The Silmarillion for the first time in fifth grade. My favorite passage in LotR is The Mines of Moria (next favorite: Shelob); in Sil, it's the story of Beren & Luthien.
    3. I'm a notorious night owl. I have a lot of trouble letting myself fall asleep at night. Sometimes I have to take a sleeping pill. I just love the night.
    4. My most favoritist cartoons in the whole world are by Chuck Jones -- most notoriously, Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner cartoons.
    5. Favorite Ben n Jerry's: Coffee Heath Bar Crunch. Runner up: Chunky Monkey
    6. I water down Juicy Juice and iced tea with 80-90% water before drinking it.
    7. I expect to be voted "Most Changed" at my 25th high school reunion next year.
    8. Authors I have met include Stephen R. Donaldson and Ursula K. LeGuin. I've also met cartoonists John Kovalic and Phil Foglio.
    9. Jewelry of choice: Dangly earrings. Runner-up: Unique rings.
    10. One of my favorite vacations was to Erie, PA. There were no streetlights in the campground where I was staying, and I not only could see the Milky Way band across the sky but also zillions of meteorites flaring as they entered the atmosphere. I would lay out at night and stare at the sky, despite it being cold for August.
    11. I once had a cat named Spock. He was really smart... but not smart enough to dodge a car bumper. I miss him.
    12. I painted little American flags on my thumbnails this year for July 4th. It was tacky but fun.
    13. I love Trinity gazoodles and bunches... even if she is an immedicable triskaidekaphobic
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

might as well do this again since it's been a few years!

1- I have had my toenails painted continuously since the age of 13... I never paint my fingernails though

2- I learned to swim within the past year... my SO taught me how to

3- I'm scared of clowns, mimes, masks and people wearing facepaint

4- I have no problem rereading books over and over and over

5- I absolutley adore watching Jeopardy

6- I have been to jail... and I look terrible in orange

7- I have been robbed twice... the first time I chased the would be robber down and got my purse back but broke my kneecap, the second time my computer and a lot of other stuff was stolen and that explains my 6 month absence

8- I blush easily

9- I get a birthday watermelon every year instead of a birthday cake

10- I got vaccinated against rabies by a drunken doctor around midnight after a soccer game in a foreign country

11- my SO is my former employer

12- I haven't seen my best friend for over a year and a half

13- I used to read atlases for fun... I still would if mine hadn't been stolen
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

1. I was almost born in Florida, but my parents moved back to Ohio one month before I was born.

2. I spent the first year of my life living in a basement-level apartment in a large city in an area which later became known as "Uzi Alley". The apartments and area deteriorated to the point that they were demolished by the city recently.

3. My adolescent career goal was to become a military officer and either an SR-71 pilot or a special forces SERE (survival, evasion, resistance, escape) instructor.

4. I majored in psychology, but I now do software development for research.

5. I'm married and have 4 kids.

6. I have pleasant, adventurous daydreams of things which are probably nightmares to many people, such as being lost in the wilderness for months to years, or being one of a handful of survivors of a holocaust.

7. A few years ago, I was into woodworking, and made a piece of traditionally-finished cherry furniture.

8. In elementary school, I was the class clown, and was often in trouble for my antics and rebellion. (I earned detentions for not serving detentions which were for not serving other detentions... never did serve them all. )

9. My dream vacation is a backpacking trip in a mountainous wilderness in extreme weather conditions.

10. I once helped carry someone with hypothermia out of the woods on a snowy winter night (they recovered).

11. That same night, I was almost the next hypothermia victim. It was 15 F, and I shivered myself to sleep in my 40 F sleeping bag while wearing a knit facemask which covered my mouth and nose. The next morning, I awoke to my tent mate calling my name and shaking me with fear in his voice. He told me that my facemask was iced over, and he thought I was dead. I told him I thought I was too!

12. I enjoy nature. It seems more comforting to my psyche and soul than civilization or technology. When in nature, I feel like I have returned to my childhood home.

13. People make things too complicated and put things needlessly out of reach for themselves. I think the meaning of life is in living it. The more you focus on that, the more meaningful it becomes.

5w4 sx/sp

Wow. Who knew facts were interesting?

So many awesome people who are no longer here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Pining for Uberfuhrer and Anja?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery