User Tag List

View Poll Results: So Edge doesn't have to rifle through 200 posts, are you an Aussie? Where you at?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • New South Wales

6 11.32%
  • Northern Territory

1 1.89%
  • Queensland

1 1.89%
  • South Australia

7 13.21%
  • Tasmania

1 1.89%
  • Victoria

5 9.43%
  • Western Australia

5 9.43%
  • ACT (the forgotten territory)

1 1.89%
  • Eastern Isles known as NZ

2 3.77%
  • I'm Aussie but mind your own freaken business as to where I live

3 5.66%
  • Ex-pat

1 1.89%
  • Protest! I'm not Aussie but wanna vote!

20 37.74%
First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    geez. i'd rather just trip them.
    No way. They'd change my regime and then democratize my ass.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    No way. They'd change my regime and then democratize my ass.
    *trips you*
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by digesthisickness View Post
    *trips you*
    *basks in the attention*

I mean... Oppression! Imperialist oppression! :steam:

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Tis a disappointing thing to realise people you thought had good taste don't *sigh*

Actually I think one of the coolest thing about vegemite is most foreigners don't dig on it. I make it a habit to carry a jar of vegemite with me for this reason and whenever I see foreigners eying off the good food I quickly dob some vegemite on it and watch them screw up their nose leaving it all for me. Youd be surprised just how many foods can taste great with some added defensive vegemite.
    In my defense, I did try to like it. My Brit friend sent me marmite first. I didn't really hate it, but I couldn't eat more than a tiny bit of it, either. It just tasted like a salty beef bouillion cube in semi-liquid form. If you told me y'all used that stuff to flavor stews, I'd totally believe you. I tasted my Aussie friend's vegemite when she visited--she brought her own squeezy tube of it--and it was marginally better than the marmite, but not by much.

JJJ, most Americans will have at least heard of vegemite, if only from Men at Work's immortal line, "He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich."
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTJ

Actually I think one of the coolest thing about vegemite is most foreigners don't dig on it. I make it a habit to carry a jar of vegemite with me for this reason and whenever I see foreigners eying off the good food I quickly dob some vegemite on it and watch them screw up their nose leaving it all for me. Youd be surprised just how many foods can taste great with some added defensive vegemite.
    Most of my friends actually leave the room when I bust out the Marmite. Then make retching noises when I eat some on toast with butter (mmmmm). It is very, very cruel, but hilarious, to watch yeast-spread newbies slather it on thick like it's PB.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Foreigners don't dig on Twinkies, but I don't hold them up as culinary masterpieces.

Something wrong with you people.

The sweetest thing about our acquired immunity to vegemite is offering it to unwary Americans for the first time: watching them slather it on the bread like nutella or peanut butter, and then feigning surprise/offence when they forcefully expel it from their sheltered mouths like a piece of soiled diaper.
    If you read my blag over at The Forum That Shall Not Be Named, you'll know my daughter pooped in my face while changing her diaper.

Better than vegemite!

Faking-out the Americans:

1. Lay some groundwork earlier in the day. Favourably compare them to Those American Tourists who leave their country with a backpack full of Reece's Pieces and refuse to eat outside of MacDonald's. Stars and Stripes wavers. Tall tales of Americans drinking Budweiser at Oktoberfest in Munich can be added at will.

2. While talking about something else, nonchalantly begin preparing yourself a vegemite sandwich with the jar prominently in view. They will probably comment on the unfamiliar nature of the jar, and inquire as to its identity.

3. Act mildly surprised they haven't heard about it. Tell them it's probably the most popular spread in Australia. Ask them what spreads they eat in America. Whatever spread they admit to liking the most, tell them you like that a lot too. Seem sincere.

4. Common ground established, and a distaste for looking like an Ugly American tourist implanted, encourage them to try "some" vegemite on bread. "Just half a piece, to try. You can't leave Australia without trying vegemite." Be encouraging but not avid. If asked about the recommended thickness of the application, be vague, as if it doesn't really matter.

5. Enjoy.
    I jus' tell 'em to spread it on thickly.

When I was a little boy and living in a newsagency at Maroubra Beach, Sydney, my mother would only give us brown, wholemeal bread, for our own good of course.

But I really liked to visit the home of my best friend, Frank, 'cause his mother always gave us white bread with butter and vegemite.

I don't like to be disloyal but how wonderful to have a mother like Frankie's.

I quite like vegemite and chip sandwiches. Tasty.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Marmite and cheese on toast grilled in the oven, lovely.