User Tag List

View Poll Results: So Edge doesn't have to rifle through 200 posts, are you an Aussie? Where you at?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • New South Wales

6 11.32%
  • Northern Territory

1 1.89%
  • Queensland

1 1.89%
  • South Australia

7 13.21%
  • Tasmania

1 1.89%
  • Victoria

5 9.43%
  • Western Australia

5 9.43%
  • ACT (the forgotten territory)

1 1.89%
  • Eastern Isles known as NZ

2 3.77%
  • I'm Aussie but mind your own freaken business as to where I live

3 5.66%
  • Ex-pat

1 1.89%
  • Protest! I'm not Aussie but wanna vote!

20 37.74%
First 3456715 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    The sweetest thing about our acquired immunity to vegemite is offering it to unwary Americans for the first time: watching them slather it on the bread like nutella or peanut butter, and then feigning surprise/offence when they forcefully expel it from their sheltered mouths like a piece of soiled diaper.
    Oh hell yeah. Do you do the helpful thing when they're looking a little wary and spreading it on in suggesting they can add as much as they desire

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    I can barely finish 12 at once, so I admire your achievement. Why would anyone want to eat them dry?
    SPs don't need reasons to do, they just do.

MBTI
    infp

The sweetest thing about our acquired immunity to vegemite is offering it to unwary Americans for the first time: watching them slather it on the bread like nutella or peanut butter, and then feigning surprise/offence when they forcefully expel it from their sheltered mouths like a piece of soiled diaper.

I do that to people with my marmite, it's great seeing their reactions.

I'm not from Ozland, but we used to own your country so I'm close enough.

Don't hurt me, I'm a fan >>>>>
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    SPs don't need reasons to do, they just do.
    A mix of admiration and disgust is reason enough.

I quite like your pies. I think it was Mrs Macs, they were nice.
    I miss steak and cheese pies.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I do that to people with my marmite, it's great seeing their reactions.

I'm not from Ozland, but we used to own your country so I'm close enough.

Don't hurt me, I'm a fan >>>>>
    BEST. EMOTICON. EVAH!

MBTI
    infp

BEST. EMOTICON. EVAH!
    It's cos I'm a secret Australian, it's how we do things.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

Oh hell yeah. Do you do the helpful thing when they're looking a little wary and spreading it on in suggesting they can add as much as they desire
    Faking-out the Americans:

1. Lay some groundwork earlier in the day. Favourably compare them to Those American Tourists who leave their country with a backpack full of Reece's Pieces and refuse to eat outside of MacDonald's. Stars and Stripes wavers. Tall tales of Americans drinking Budweiser at Oktoberfest in Munich can be added at will.

2. While talking about something else, nonchalantly begin preparing yourself a vegemite sandwich with the jar prominently in view. They will probably comment on the unfamiliar nature of the jar, and inquire as to its identity.

3. Act mildly surprised they haven't heard about it. Tell them it's probably the most popular spread in Australia. Ask them what spreads they eat in America. Whatever spread they admit to liking the most, tell them you like that a lot too. Seem sincere.

4. Common ground established, and a distaste for looking like an Ugly American tourist implanted, encourage them to try "some" vegemite on bread. "Just half a piece, to try. You can't leave Australia without trying vegemite." Be encouraging but not avid. If asked about the recommended thickness of the application, be vague, as if it doesn't really matter.

5. Enjoy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

1. Lay some groundwork earlier in the day. Favourably compare them to Those American Tourists who leave their country with a backpack full of Reece's Pieces and refuse to eat outside of MacDonald's. Stars and Stripes wavers. Tall tales of Americans drinking Budweiser at Oktoberfest in Munich can be added at will.

2. While talking about something else, nonchalantly begin preparing yourself a vegemite sandwich with the jar prominently in view. They will probably comment on the unfamiliar nature of the jar, and inquire as to its identity.

3. Act mildly surprised they haven't heard about it. Tell them it's probably the most popular spread in Australia. Ask them what spreads they eat in America. Whatever spread they admit to liking the most, tell them you like that a lot too. Seem sincere.

4. Common ground established, and a distaste for looking like an Ugly American tourist implanted, encourage them to try "some" vegemite on bread. "Just half a piece, to try. You can't leave Australia without trying vegemite." Be encouraging but not avid. If asked about the recommended thickness of the application, be vague, as if it doesn't really matter.

5. Enjoy.
    Are you sure that you're a P?

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

That is deliciously evil! And totally worth the effort every single time!

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Are you sure that you're a P?
    Absolutel

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

5. Enjoy.
    geez. i'd rather just trip them.
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery