User Tag List

View Poll Results: So Edge doesn't have to rifle through 200 posts, are you an Aussie? Where you at?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • New South Wales

6 11.32%
  • Northern Territory

1 1.89%
  • Queensland

1 1.89%
  • South Australia

7 13.21%
  • Tasmania

1 1.89%
  • Victoria

5 9.43%
  • Western Australia

5 9.43%
  • ACT (the forgotten territory)

1 1.89%
  • Eastern Isles known as NZ

2 3.77%
  • I'm Aussie but mind your own freaken business as to where I live

3 5.66%
  • Ex-pat

1 1.89%
  • Protest! I'm not Aussie but wanna vote!

20 37.74%
First 2345614 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Ew, ew and meh?

Makes me sad
    She must be Victorian.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    People! Don't argue! Marmite and vegemite are both gross!
    QFT.

The non-existence of these beer-gone-bad-for-months-tasting-spreads in America is a strong indication of why this part of the former British Empire is now the world's lone superpower.

The rugged types are in the two NZ islands on the right;

Fixed

New Zealand

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Wolfy, that would be more accurate if there weren't 20+ million Aussies compared to 3 million NZers (of which 10% are living in Oz at any one point in time). Also, they have more sheep than they have people. If it were a true democracy, sheep would run that place (and I suspect most kiwis wouldn't see the difference).

Not Aussie (yet), but I've been living here for 4 out of the last 5 years. I still think vegemite is gross. You have, however, converted me to Weet-bix (I blame those ads with Mike Hussey!).

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Wolfy, that would be more accurate if there weren't 20+ million Aussies compared to 3 million NZers (of which 10% are living in Oz at any one point in time). Also, they have more sheep than they have people. If it were a true democracy, sheep would run that place (and I suspect most kiwis wouldn't see the difference).

Not Aussie (yet), but I've been living here for 4 out of the last 5 years. I still think vegemite is gross. You have, however, converted me to Weet-bix (I blame those ads with Mike Hussey!).
    I think the recent heat wave must have gone to your heads.

And I love weetbix. My record is 12
    I bet you can't eat a dry one in under a minute.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    People! Don't argue! Marmite and vegemite are both gross!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    QFT.

The non-existence of these beer-gone-bad-for-months-tasting-spreads in America is a strong indication of why this part of the former British Empire is now the world's lone superpower.
    Tis a disappointing thing to realise people you thought had good taste don't *sigh*

Actually I think one of the coolest thing about vegemite is most foreigners don't dig on it. I make it a habit to carry a jar of vegemite with me for this reason and whenever I see foreigners eying off the good food I quickly dob some vegemite on it and watch them screw up their nose leaving it all for me. Youd be surprised just how many foods can taste great with some added defensive vegemite.

MBTI
    INFP

Actually I think one of the coolest thing about vegemite is most foreigners don't dig on it. I make it a habit to carry a jar of vegemite with me for this reason and whenever I see foreigners eying off the good food I quickly dob some vegemite on it and watch them screw up their nose leaving it all for me.
    The sweetest thing about our acquired immunity to vegemite is offering it to unwary Americans for the first time: watching them slather it on the bread like nutella or peanut butter, and then feigning surprise/offence when they forcefully expel it from their sheltered mouths like a piece of soiled diaper.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I think the recent heat wave must have gone to your heads.

And I love weetbix. My record is 12
    I bet you can't eat a dry one in under a minute.
    Ugh, 43 again on Saturday. Fucking weather in fucking Melbourne with its fucking drought. You have no idea how many times I cursed the heat last week. 4 days of >40 is horrible. Especially when you have to WORK.

I can barely finish 12 at once, so I admire your achievement. Why would anyone want to eat them dry?

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Ugh, 43 again on Saturday. Fucking weather in fucking Melbourne with its fucking drought. You have no idea how many times I cursed the heat last week. 4 days of >40 is horrible. Especially when you have to WORK.

I can barely finish 12 at once, so I admire your achievement. Why would anyone want to eat them dry?
    It's an old trick you can use when someone's been drinking.

I'll give you X dollars if you can eat one dry weetbix (weetbik?) in under a minute.
    Seems possible. But is impossible.

?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It's an old trick you can use when someone's been drinking.

I'll give you X dollars if you can eat one dry weetbix (weetbik?) in under a minute.
    Seems possible. But is impossible.

?
    Ugh, typo. I meant I can barely finish 4 at once. Your stomach capacity amazes.

Weetbix are terrible dry. I know someone who used to eat 2 dry for breakfast at work, it was disgusting and disturbing.