User Tag List

First 1234 Last

heart on fire

I might fry husband a steak. He might buy me roses and a box of candy. if it don't happen, I won't be wailing over it though.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I might fry husband a steak.
    March 14 is Steak and a BJ Day.

...this probably doesn't help CzeCze much.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Guys. I'm feeling some potential here.
    no thnx
    im already talking to another intp =o
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    "Hey everyone! Christmas is over, and the retailers need another reason to sap money out of the populace and attempt to use all of our resources as quickly as possible! Let's call it Valentine's Day and make people think that celebrating it proves that they "love" other people! It's much easier to buy a box of gamble chocolate and hand it over than to say, actually care about someone, right?!"

If you can't tell, not a fan.
    Ditto.
    And no - I'm not bitter. I've got a thing going at the moment where I could easily squeeze flowers/chocolates/a useless fucking fluffy bear out of him, but I choose not to.
    Why do people (of the female persuasion, in particular) melt over Valentine's Day (generally tacky) gifts and whatnot? I'd feel waaay more special if someone did/bought something for me out of affection and 'just coz', not consumerist obligation.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I might fry husband a steak. He might buy me roses and a box of candy. if it don't happen, I won't be wailing over it though.
    Ah-vwala.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by FantailedWall View Post
    not consumerist obligation.
    At least in this country it's largely restricted to actual or desired squeezes. As opposed to the semi-platonic relationships I'm told Americans also include in the gift-giving.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    At least in this country it's largely restricted to actual or desired squeezes. As opposed to the semi-platonic relationships I'm told Americans also include in the gift-giving.
    That doesn't make sense.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I love Valentine's Day. My kind of Valentine's Day that is. I hate hearing how much it sucks when in reality, just using some creativity would make it great. I don't like chocolate much and my husband knows this. Last year he bought a huge red velvet box of chocolates. Took them all out and replaced them with a Bath & Body Works gift card, Saturday Night Fever dvd (I had been saying I wanted but didn't have this dvd in my collection), and tickets to a Red Wing game and diamond earrings.

This year I have a scavenger hunt planned for Friday. He'll get notes with clues and places to go (liquor store for wine, an Italian restaurant we love, sporting goods store). I rented a little cottage on a lake and we'll spend the weekend there.

I do get flowers. Red roses. Every year. Although he buys me flowers all year for no particular reason, these aren't for putting in a vase. It's not about a Hallmark holiday or something cheesy or feeling pressured to do something. He loves spoiling me. I love spoiling him. Win-Win.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I think I'd be tarred and feathered here if I shared my pleasurable Vday experiences.

So...down with Vday?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Is Valentines Day that big in the US? Thankfully, it's not big around here. I don't hate it, I don't love it, I just don't care at all. I got enough reasons to spend money, don't need a special day to do it.

It's not that big of a deal in Japan. On Feb 14 the girls get guys something. If you like the girl you return the favour on March 14.