User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Mine is pretty boring, but I had an exciting (sometimes in all the wrong ways) childhood, so I'm cool with that.

I want/ed a happy marriage, some healthy and nice kids, a home of my own where I never have to move again unless I just want to, enough money to cover the needs (by first world standards), a few of the wants, and a nest egg large enough to retire in relative comfort.

Writing something halfway worthwhile and/or making a positive difference in some small way would be gravy on the potatoes.

We are decently on-track for the basic part so far and I am liking it.
    I like that in a sense... there is something... heroic about that kind of life for some reason.

To me, the American Dream is irrelevant. I'm Canadian Have fun paying for healthcare, suckers! Ahaha, I kid, even though that is true.

Personally a dream life would involve hopping boxcars accross Canada and then getting a real education and having a family.

MBTI
    ISTP

More toys. Isn't that the American dream?

(What I want is to get enough money to become self-sustaining, then pursue my hobbies uncrippled by the need to work. Sadly, I fear that is the American dream now, except most people won't work and save for it, they'll simply attempt to take advantage of others... Fortunately, this is generally karma-bankrupt and is offset by large losses, rarely allowing these kinds of people the end results they want. Unfortunately, the dream of being the next exploiter hasn't eroded... and those that do dodge the dice are worshipped as heroes.)

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Personally a dream life would involve hopping boxcars accross Canada and then getting a real education and having a family.
    I hear that is pretty dangerous Even in Canada. And dammit, VIA is expensive.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I like that in a sense... there is something... heroic about that kind of life for some reason.

To me, the American Dream is irrelevant. I'm Canadian Have fun paying for healthcare, suckers! Ahaha, I kid, even though that is true.

I'm with you on the healthcare thing. Actually moving to some warmer part of Canada or a country like it might be one of the only things that could tempt me to move again.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

My North American dream is to be Canadian.

heart on fire

In a strictly material sense: a modest house, reliable transportation, enough money to cover the basics of life including good medcial and dental care and a secure retirement.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Just like every ENTJ, I want to rule the world.

If that cannot be achieved, I'd like to be a dancer. Or a rockstar, something like that.
    Last edited by FDG; 08-15-2007 at 08:58 AM.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I want to learn how to give myself surgery and otherwise treat myself in sickness so I won't have to waste all that money on stupid health insurance. I can use more money to pursue my personal interests -- like upgrading my computer and getting a Blu-Ray/HD-DVD player.

I'd also like to invest in stem cell research and cloning. Just think, one day, we can grow humans in a lab as full-grown intelligent adults -- we would no longer have to listen to the obnoxious whining and screaming of little children.

We should outlaw illegal immigration, as well. Illegal immigrants who are caught will not be shipped back to their homeland, but used as laboratory experiments in place of rodents, for I am against animal cruelty.

Also, old people should be banned from voting. If young people are the future, give them what they want. Why are the voters the ones on their way out?

Old people should be banned from driving, as well. They are incredibly dangerous.

Hell, we should just subscribe to a Logan's Run philosophy...

MBTI
    pkjg

the manifestation of increasing amounts of quantum permutation simultaneously
    There is no pain so great as the memory of joy in present grief.