User Tag List

12 Last

Sniffles

Default Cultural Identity quiz

Pretty interesting quiz, even if some questions are misleading.
    HelloQuizzy.com: The Cultural Identity Test

My results:
    The Intellectual
    81% Traditionalism, 85% Knowledge, 75% Diversity, 13% Contemporary and 16% Untraditionalism!

You Scored 85% The Intellectual, Congratulations!

Ah, the intellectual. Pure, unadultered science is what motivates you. The world is an interesting place, and you want to pick it apart and see how it works.

You are probably not all that impressed with the Untraditionalism of traditionalists or liberal philosophers, and see instead a third path to enlightenment: that of logic and reason. Modern ideas do not interest you, as you know that every fact is accompanied by an irrefutable opinion, and there is simply no room for such romanticism.

History, philosophy, and a multitude of cultures are all familiar to you, and you revel in the delight of learning even more. There is simply no limit to your understanding, except what you are able to read. The intricacies of language is second nature to you, and you probably can speak more than one. Which is useful, because you love to travel to places where you might need it. While others are content to revel in the intellectual impoverishment of our time, you set your sights higher--probably with the aide of a sextant. Because you're an intellectual, and you probably have one.
    Very accurate on some levels, but not so on others. True, I'm not impressed with either Liberalism nor Ultratraditionalism; but I wouldn't classify my way as being based upon logic and reason per se.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII?

The Liberal Philosopher, apparently.

Your result for The Cultural Identity Test ...
    The Intellectual

63% Traditionalism, 73% Knowledge, 71% Diversity, 35% Contemporary and 36% Untraditionalism!

Ah, the intellectual. Pure, unadultered science is what motivates you. The world is an interesting place, and you want to pick it apart and see how it works.

You are probably not all that impressed with the Untraditionalism of traditionalists or liberal philosophers, and see instead a third path to enlightenment: that of logic and reason. Modern ideas do not interest you, as you know that every fact is accompanied by an irrefutable opinion, and there is simply no room for such romanticism.

History, philosophy, and a multitude of cultures are all familiar to you, and you revel in the delight of learning even more. There is simply no limit to your understanding, except what you are able to read. The intricacies of language is second nature to you, and you probably can speak more than one. Which is useful, because you love to travel to places where you might need it. While others are content to revel in the intellectual impoverishment of our time, you set your sights higher--probably with the aide of a sextant. Because you're an intellectual, and you probably have one.
    If they say so. I'm not sure what any of this has to do with opinions on culture though.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

The Contemporary Idealist
    36% Traditionalism, 60% Knowledge, 61% Diversity, 50% Contemporary and 69% Untraditionalism!

You Scored 69% Contemporary Idealist, Congratulations!

Intolerant? Not you! As a contemporary idealist, you have a lot of innovative ideas about how the world should be run.You probably don't see a lot of value in traditionalism, and think that many traditionalists are outmoded and narrow minded. You likely believe in very permissive lifestyles, where anything goes and it's all ok as long as everyone's having a good time.

The concept of authority probably doesn't sit too well with you, and following any established protocols seems like, well, stupid. Governments, to you, are an extension of the wealthy elites who attempt to hold down the rest of society, and actually result in much of the intolerance we experience today.

You were rated an idealist because many of the answers you selected showed an aversion or disinterest in traditional beliefs. In ideas of race, heritage, culture and diversity, you scored highest in progressive, contemporary ideas that likely weren't very popular as late as fifty years ago. Many of your fellows might consider you a radical, a reformer, or just downright misguided. But don't listen to them. After all, many of the greatest movements in history were started by so called 'radicals'. Unfortunately for you, people tend to cling to their traditions rather stolidly. Fortunately, that gives you a cause! Get out there and show all those ignorant, prejudiced poltroons the true way of enlightenment!
    Seems fairly accurate.

I have no ethnic heritage to speak of (I'm a mix of just about everything, plus my family doesn't really emphasize it much), and I'm not very patriotic.
    Last edited by Costrin; 02-03-2009 at 04:38 PM.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII?

It appears to be more of a political-awareness-and-correctness test.

MBTI
    ISFJ

The Liberal Philosopher

59% Traditionalism, 66% Knowledge, 67% Diversity, 43% Contemporary and 46% Untraditionalism!

You Scored 67% Liberal Philosopher, Congratulations!Diversity! Cultural awareness! Sharing! Caring!

Congratulations, you're a liberal philosopher! Perhaps a bit bleeding heart at times, and maybe a little too nice for your own good, you nevertheless bring a strong sense of individualism and unity to those around you. Liberating the minds of the traditionalists from their stodgy conformity, you seek to spread the good will of peace, understanding, and diversity.

You likely find little value in the traditions of old, and instead see them as myopic and intolerant. You are very progressive in your ideas towards race and heritage, and are probably pretty much colour blind. Which is good for you, because there's no better way to lead than by example.

You are probably more sensitive to the ideas of other cultures, sometimes even at the expense of your own! But you see this as a good thing, because after all, how can diversity prosper if we cling to our own ways more tightly than to those others? It's a big, beautiful world out there, and you just can't wait to share it with everyone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm I thought this test was a bit too biased. Clearly created by an american. Cultural heritage works differently in more ethnically homogeneous countries. We don't talk of heritage pride quite in the same way because the traditional way of doing things ARE part of our heritage. There's no alternative way if you will...

That being said the actual results is pretty accurate.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Liberal Philosopher
    62% Traditionalism, 76% Knowledge, 77% Diversity, 36% Contemporary and 35% Untraditionalism!

Scored 77% Liberal Philosopher, Congratulations!

Congratulations, you're a liberal philosopher! Perhaps a bit bleeding heart at times, and maybe a little too nice for your own good, you nevertheless bring a strong sense of individualism and unity to those around you. Liberating the minds of the traditionalists from their stodgy conformity, you seek to spread the good will of peace, understanding, and diversity.

You likely find little value in the traditions of old, and instead see them as myopic and intolerant. You are very progressive in your ideas towards race and heritage, and are probably pretty much colour blind. Which is good for you, because there's no better way to lead than by example.

You are probably more sensitive to the ideas of other cultures, sometimes even at the expense of your own! But you see this as a good thing, because after all, how can diversity prosper if we cling to our own ways more tightly than to those others? It's a big, beautiful world out there, and you just can't wait to share it with everyone.

This must be what happens when you're the only white chick in your college's branch of the NAACP or something
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

The Intellectual
    67% Traditionalism, 84% Knowledge, 77% Diversity, 31% Contemporary and 37% Untraditionalism!

You Scored 84% The Intellectual, Congratulations!

Interesting test, at any rate. Mostly seems about consonant with my own opinions
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INTP

I got Intellectual; fairly accurate, but I wasn't really very impressed with the test overall.

Also: South Africa has SEVERAL official languages, English being only one of them; it seems to me that chances are pretty fucking good that one would come across a fair number of people in South Africa who don't speak English fluently! Their answer is probably wrong.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

The Noble Traditionalist
    You Scored 62% Traditionalist, Congratulations!

Brush off your Webster's Complete Dictionary, Vol. XXVIII, and look up "Traditionalsim". See a picture of yourself? You should, you're as traditional as they come! As a Traditionalist, you probably have a keen appreciation for the customs of the old world, and a yearning to keep them kindled in your heart and in those around you. Whether it be celebrating obscure rituals or participating in festivals, you know about your heritage and are proud of where you come from, and you've like as not got some lederhosen in your back room.

You might see the progressive trends of modern society as eroding away at the traditions you love, and may resent the lack of appreciation that many have for their ancestry. After all, it is difficult to celebrate your own heritage when the modern credo, "Hail, diversity! Down with the traditions of old!" surrounds you at every corner. But, you put up a stoic front and try to honour your culture in the name of your forefathers.

You are likely a little more intellectual than most, and enjoy learning about the histories of many different cultures, including your own. It would be hard to appreciate yours if you didn't know about any others. You are somewhat idealistic, and probably relish the romanticism of earlier times more than others around you. You see the grandeur in the ghosts of antiquity, delight in drafty castles and the notion of aristocracy. You feel like your ideals are not part of the mainstream spectrum of philosophy, but that's ok: as a traditionalist, society needs you more than ever to check the heady flow of new age 'enlightenment'.

You scored as a traditionalist because you tested highest in the areas of, naturally, traditionalism, intelligence, and oddly enough, diversity. Hey, you can't be knowledgable and intolerant at the same time, they aren't really good bedfellows.

Okay, if they say so *shrug*
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O