User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default In Search of Culinary Orgasm

Being raised in a bi cultural family, I have been exposed to the best foods of both of my little worlds. I've always loved this two-sided variety, but I feel like I don't experiment enough with other foods (outside of restaurants downtown, etc.)

Basically I want to taste more; can anyone recommend to me some dishes that comes to mind? Recipe links and descriptions are much appreciated. I don't just want to google "food" and stop right there. I want your subjective descriptions and any other subjective input on your favorite or even most abhorred dishes. I will try anything, thanks in advance.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

To help, what cuisine are you accustomed to eating normally?

:steam: Also, I soo copyrighted "in search of" !!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Persian, Vietnamese, and of course American food.

MBTI
    STUF

Poutine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Om-nom-nom. Easy to make as long as you have access to squeaky cheese curds.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Gish View Post
    Poutine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Om-nom-nom. Easy to make as long as you have access to squeaky cheese curds.
    Oooooh, those pictures look tantalizing. I must make. Thank you Gish!!!!!!

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh and the Greek Poutine variant looks so good. I love feta cheese.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I like Mexican food a lot, and they use rice a lot in recipes. What sort of foods do you enjoy? Healthier diets? .. I mean, I eat a lot of Italian, Asian food, Mediterranean.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I like Mexican food a lot, and they use rice a lot in recipes. What sort of foods do you enjoy? Healthier diets? .. I mean, I eat a lot of Italian, Asian food, Mediterranean.
    EVERYTHING. But I do also love rice dishes as well. I have had a lot of Mexican food though, coming from California a lot of Mexican people have exposed me to their dishes. I love healthy foods, but I am not limited to just that. I would love to expose myself to more Mediterranean. I grew up with a lot of southeast asian and middle eastern asian dishes. Whatever comes to your mind kyuuei, I won't judge.

So, food connoisseurs and tyros are both welcome. Bring it on.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Usually, Lamb is a meat that isn't often had in homes outside of cultural clingings. I've been wanting to experiment with that meat for some time now but it's something to think about.

I really like the stuffed grape leaves, hummus and pita bread, and the parsley salad of middle eastern food and I ate falaphas (lord knows if I spelled that right) a lot when I was over there.

A new dessert I discovered, thanks to YourLocalJesus, was panna cotta (I think that's right??) Italian custard. It's VERY rich and sweet, almost pudding-like jello.

Here's a chicken nugget recipe I have?? ... totally american food, but it is REALLY REALLY good. I cook it often.

Chop up chicken meat into nugget sized bits and soak in buttermilk for an hour in the fridge.

Put these dry ingredients in the blender and blend them all together into a powder:

3 cups pancake mix
    almost 1/4 cup tomato boullion with chicken flavoring (its a dry red powder)
    2 envelopes of italian dressing mix packets
    1 tbsp paprika
    2 tsp dried chervil (I didnt know wtf this was.. but it makes a difference in the flavor a lot.)
    1 tsp each of: seasoned salt, dried parsley, and tarragon
    1/2 tsp sage
    1/4 tsp pepper

Then, just take the chicken straight out of the buttermilk, roll them in this, and fry them like usual. =) they come out pretty fantastic, and I've spoiled myself with these.. I can no longer enjoy fast food nuggets.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Usually, Lamb is a meat that isn't often had in homes outside of cultural clingings. I've been wanting to experiment with that meat for some time now but it's something to think about.

I really like the stuffed grape leaves, hummus and pita bread, and the parsley salad of middle eastern food and I ate falaphas (lord knows if I spelled that right) a lot when I was over there.

A new dessert I discovered, thanks to YourLocalJesus, was panna cotta (I think that's right??) Italian custard. It's VERY rich and sweet, almost pudding-like jello.

Here's a chicken nugget recipe I have?? ... totally american food, but it is REALLY REALLY good. I cook it often.

Chop up chicken meat into nugget sized bits and soak in buttermilk for an hour in the fridge.

Put these dry ingredients in the blender and blend them all together into a powder:

3 cups pancake mix
    almost 1/4 cup tomato boullion with chicken flavoring (its a dry red powder)
    2 envelopes of italian dressing mix packets
    1 tbsp paprika
    2 tsp dried chervil (I didnt know wtf this was.. but it makes a difference in the flavor a lot.)
    1 tsp each of: seasoned salt, dried parsley, and tarragon
    1/2 tsp sage
    1/4 tsp pepper

Then, just take the chicken straight out of the buttermilk, roll them in this, and fry them like usual. =) they come out pretty fantastic, and I've spoiled myself with these.. I can no longer enjoy fast food nuggets.
    I love lamb, delicious, one of my favorite meats. Stuffed grape leaves (called "Dolma") is also great. I recommend (if you're into sea food) that you try Thresher Shark. Very good. Panna Cotta looks delicious if you use the right sauces. I'll give your chicken recipe a shot too. Thanks ky. Looking good so far. =)