User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Cheese and Pepperoni Pizza dipped in Nacho Cheese.

Oh my god. *makes a mess*

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    Being raised in a bi cultural family, I have been exposed to the best foods of both of my little worlds. I've always loved this two-sided variety, but I feel like I don't experiment enough with other foods (outside of restaurants downtown, etc.)

Basically I want to taste more; can anyone recommend to me some dishes that comes to mind? Recipe links and descriptions are much appreciated. I don't just want to google "food" and stop right there. I want your subjective descriptions and any other subjective input on your favorite or even most abhorred dishes. I will try anything, thanks in advance.
    If you like exciting, unusual, and SPICY flavors, go for Thai. I don't know if I've gotten a full-blown orgasm eating the stuff, but it's certainly gotten me in the mood for zesty sensual interplay.

Non-spicy standard dish that EVERYONE loves: Pad Thai
    Favorite unusual dessert: Black sticky rice pudding
    Favorite non-spicy appetizer: satay (it's peanut butter-ey)
    Favorite spicy appetizer: papaya salad
    Favorite spicy dish: catfish ("Pad Ped Pladuk")
    Other fav. spicy dishes: anything with "green curry" and "lime" in the description.

Enjoy!

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    istp

Homemade chili... easy and delicious

2 lbs. ground beef
    1 large onion
    3 cans drained chili beans
    2 cans tomato sauce (not paste)
    1 can prepared beef stew soup
    1-2 tsp. chili powder (in my experience, you'll probably want a lot more if you want a kick)
    salt and pepper to taste

1. In a large pot brown beef over medium heat with onion until lightly browned.
    2. Drain grease and stir in chili beans, tomato sauce and beef stew
    3. Season with chili powder, salt and pepper
    4. Cook until simmering

Makes about half of a big pot, serve with cornbread and cheese

MBTI
    INTP

If you've never tried it before, eat some North Indian cuisine.

Then try South Indian!

MBTI
    INTJ

Very nice everyone; I encourage overseas members to contribute their dishes as well. Let's hear em'!

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Have you ever tried saffron rice? It's commonly known as "yellow rice." It's REALLY good with chicken mixed in with it... Wow. That is my culinary orgasm.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Go to Turkey. Or a Turkish restaurant will work too (although the dishes are so much richer in the actual country). ;-) The entire cuisine is a culinary orgasm. Spices, garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, peppers, yogurt, lamb, mint, spinich, other veggies, various spreads, red lentil soups......

(Pink, if you read this, do NOT change the subject! This is food we're talking about!)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Have you ever tried saffron rice? It's commonly known as "yellow rice." It's REALLY good with chicken mixed in with it... Wow. That is my culinary orgasm.
    Yes I grew up eating that stuff. It looks beautiful on a plate as well; aesthetics can go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    Go to Turkey. Or a Turkish restaurant will work too (although the dishes are so much richer in the actual country). ;-) The entire cuisine is a culinary orgasm. Spices, garlic, tomatoes, olive oil, peppers, yogurt, lamb, mint, spinich, other veggies, various spreads, red lentil soups......
    Lol, yes I actually took a trip to Turkey a while ago. Turkish cuisine is delicious indeed.

(Pink, if you read this, do NOT change the subject! This is food we're talking about!)
    [/QUOTE]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    If you've never tried it before, eat some North Indian cuisine.

Then try South Indian!
    Which do you personally like better? And what are the differences? Any dish names you can recommend?

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Let me preface all of this by saying I like pretty much everything. If I've had the chance to try it, I've done it for the most part. The only thing I ever passed on completely was insects. I haven't worked my way up to them yet. But anything else, I'll try.

That said, my favorite food was in France. I love foie gras. I know it's controversial, but dammit, it's fantastic. My favorite meal, though, is a crusty baguette, rich cheese, and red wine. Nothing even comes close. I also like cheap crepes from the stands - ham, mushroom, and gruyere.

I like things that are simple but well-prepared. Like, I just had an amazing goat cheese and beet salad. It was excellent.

I like eating stuff most people would consider exotic, I guess. One of my favorite places to go is an African restaurant around here. I like bobotie, durban-spiced chicken, vegetable couscous, heavily spiced salmon crusted with nuts, mulligatawny, peanut rice etc. I also used to go to an Ethiopian restaurant in Houston, which was great. I usually ordered the vegetarian sampler, but kitfo was excellent too.

I also love Turkish, Vietnamese, Korean, Greek, you name it.

And I know it's sorta passe, but I actually like fondue. What's not to love?

Finally, my go-tos are sushi and steak. I judge a sushi restaurant on how well they make something simple, like plain ol' maguro nigiri. That said, I usually gravitate toward rolls. I've had one topped with roe and a raw quail's egg which was a little odd, but good nonetheless.

For steak, I prefer ribeyes or strips. Rare. Like, run-a-cow-over-a-candle-holy-hell-it's-still-mooing rare. And I prefer it when they're so damned good they can be cut with a butter knife. Speaking of which, the Churrasco steak at Americas in Houston is one of the single best items I've ever eaten. There's a reason it's $56 for 16 ounces. Their tres leches cake is amazing, too. It's not overly sweet like so many tres leches cakes; it's just moist and delicious. They also do a brilliant vanilla creme brulee, but they serve it in an elongated olive dish - so every bite has the excellent crackly caramelization. *salivate* http://www.cordua.com/cmsFiles/Resou...u.pdf?m=2&s=15

Really, everything at that restaurant is excellent.

I... suppose. Yeah!