User Tag List

First 101819202122 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't think Blue was leaving in order to be right.
    I think she was stressed and hurt; and she didn't know how to process it; and she felt exposed and embarrassed with all that raw emotion coming out...

... so she did exactly what she's already 'fessed up to as her coping style, and one that is typically INTP.

She withdrew, in order to get a grip.

Any superfluous comments she made were just because she was having trouble processing.

That's the sense in which it was "rational" ("I'm skitzing out publicly, let's get away from everyone to avoid embarrassing myself and others"). So... rationally... regardless of whether she comes back sooner or later or not at all, it was a very cogent decision.
    Right, I apologise for bringing my previous issues with INTPc and um, someone who shall remain unnamed into this thread. It was actually what sparked this train of thought, not so much BM's exit or the nature of it.

Regardless of the content of the smirk (which I'm trying to discern), I agree with you there.
    I was smirking at the word "rational" (not at anyone), probably because I don't place much value on it. People leave or stay, and these decisions are very much dependent on their feelings towards other people. Rationality (or being reasonable) doesn't have much to do with it, despite all efforts to the contrary. I'm not attacking INTPs and mind-changing, really. More pointing out that it's a bit premature, when she can find other reasons to come back.

But then again, it wasn't the INTPs who started this thread.
    Indeed, and my statements of "she may be back" was directed that that group, not INTPs.

Note: for an interesting counterpoint, go read the INTP Wimminz group. She said goodbye there in a short logical way, and just about everyone said, "Sorry to see you go, we'll miss you, come back when you're ready." No gushies, no pleading, no emotional engaging. Just a sense of respect for her autonomy and trusting that she'll be back when she wants to come back. Funny, isn't it? There's an overall focus on the individual's autonomy and trust in their efficacy to make decisions rationally.
    Could you link me in a PM? I can't seem to find that particular thread. Thanks. I would like to see the original thread that sparked this furore.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    ...Could you link me in a PM? I can't seem to find that particular thread. Thanks. I would like to see the original thread that sparked this furore.
    The one I was referring to was not a thread, it's part of the Invite Only "INTP Wimminz" social group here.

I think the OP was referring to some other comment.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I don't think Blue was leaving in order to be right.
    I think she was stressed and hurt; and she didn't know how to process it; and she felt exposed and embarrassed with all that raw emotion coming out...

... so she did exactly what she's already 'fessed up to as her coping style, and one that is typically INTP.

She withdrew, in order to get a grip.

Any superfluous comments she made were just because she was having trouble processing.

That's the sense in which it was "rational" ("I'm skitzing out publicly, let's get away from everyone to avoid embarrassing myself and others"). So... rationally... regardless of whether she comes back sooner or later or not at all, it was a very cogent decision.

I'm just having difficulty wrapping my mind around why she left. Was it a genuine hurt at Flack's departure? Or something else? I regret not knowing more about her now though, since I enjoyed her participation here.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

The one I was referring to was not a thread, it's part of the Invite Only "INTP Wimminz" social group here.

I think the OP was referring to some other comment.
    Ah. She said she was taking a break! How did that morph into the creation of eulogy threads?

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Ah. She said she was taking a break! How did that morph into the creation of eulogy threads?
    so did ross but that doesn't make it right!
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Like I said, I think the OP was referring to a DIFFERENT comment she made elsewhere in general forum... you should ask the OP person, for a link to that comment.

My only point with the Group post was that she was being very level-headed there, and all the INTP women responded to her in a very matter-of-fact way, no drama included.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

We all got it comin' kid Delilah's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I was wondering the same. It has been pretty entertaining though.
    *clinging to my face like a starfish of love* ....... PinkPiranha

MBTI
    INTP

I think the OP was referring to the comments she made in the original Jack Flak Thread of Doom. Nothing majorly dramatic, just saying that she had been thinking about leaving for a while, and I think the stuff with Jack might have been what finally made it happen.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

feel free to move and lock the thread i don't care and i didn't say or imply it was forever. she said she was going and she did. that's all i said.

i apologized several times for doing the thread in the first place. it wasn't meant to be a eulogy thread or even that big of deal. just had myself a lil public moment there cuz that was my 3rd friend in a week. it sucked for me. sorry.

however...i should add that i do think she will get a kick out of it if she returns...it's a kinda funny thread.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Like I said, I think the OP was referring to a DIFFERENT comment she made elsewhere in general forum... you should ask the OP person, for a link to that comment.

My only point with the Group post was that she was being very level-headed there, and all the INTP women responded to her in a very matter-of-fact way, no drama included.
    Nah, I don't think I'll bother (seems like no one else in this thread did, either).

But thanks for the clarification, and I see your point. Also, I apologise again for projecting my issues. I do feel bad about it.