MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    HEY!!!!

I prefer to call it "flexibility aimed at conformance to reality."

And there is no logic twisting.
    There was just a premature decision based on limited information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what it is. All very rational.
    *smirks* Sure. I think this sums up the difference between INTPs and INTJs. INTPs have a focus on being "right", and orientate themselves based on what's apparently "logical", changing their minds so that ("rationally" speaking) they're always right/principled.

INTJs decide at some point if something is "worth it" or not. Hence it tends to stick. The value of a forum never increases with non-participation, and if having online friends/the interaction is that important to you, the forum rules/policy wouldn't be an issue.

*shrugs* Not that I'd be upset if she came back, I'm just saying that rumours of her forum-demise have been just a little bit exaggerated and we should wait and see before posting multiple mega-length "he/she's missed/will be missed/has abandoned us/please come back" threads.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

never say never.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    *smirks* Sure. I think this sums up the difference between INTPs and INTJs. INTPs have a focus on being "right", and orientate themselves based on what's apparently "logical", changing their minds so that ("rationally" speaking) they're always right/principled.
    I don't think Blue was leaving in order to be right.
    I think she was stressed and hurt; and she didn't know how to process it; and she felt exposed and embarrassed with all that raw emotion coming out...

... so she did exactly what she's already 'fessed up to as her coping style, and one that is typically INTP.

She withdrew, in order to get a grip.

Any superfluous comments she made were just because she was having trouble processing.

That's the sense in which it was "rational" ("I'm skitzing out publicly, let's get away from everyone to avoid embarrassing myself and others"). So... rationally... regardless of whether she comes back sooner or later or not at all, it was a very cogent decision.

INTJs decide at some point if something is "worth it" or not. Hence it tends to stick. The value of a forum never increases with non-participation, and if having online friends/the interaction is that important to you, the forum rules/policy wouldn't be an issue.
    True.

P's are far more interested in having the "right" answer and so they change when the situation changes, in the quest to find that best answer. J's are far more interested in closure and managing the situation to suit their needs or goals.

*shrugs* Not that I'd be upset if she came back, I'm just saying that rumours of her forum-demise have been just a little bit exaggerated and we should wait and see before posting multiple mega-length "he/she's missed/will be missed/has abandoned us/please come back" threads.
    Regardless of the content of the smirk (which I'm trying to discern), I agree with you there.

But then again, it wasn't the INTPs who started this thread.

Note: for an interesting counterpoint, go read the INTP Wimminz group. She said goodbye there in a short logical way, and just about everyone said, "Sorry to see you go, we'll miss you, come back when you're ready." No gushies, no pleading, no emotional engaging. Just a sense of respect for her autonomy and trusting that she'll be back when she wants to come back. Funny, isn't it? There's an overall focus on the individual's autonomy and trust in their efficacy to make decisions rationally.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

I don't believe Blue ever said she was gone for good. Nor did she make a dramatic thread announcing her departure. Ps do like to keep our options open, and usually think about things in terms of how we're feeling/thinking at the time. We don't feel a need to be right in terms of "I said I was leaving, so now I can't come back, because it will look like I didn't stick to my guns."

As I understood it, she's taking some time off. She might find other things to do and not desire to return. She might cool off, sort things out, and come back in a week.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I'm waiting for her return and see this thread.

We all got it comin' kid Delilah's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Note: for an interesting counterpoint, go read the INTP Wimminz group. She said goodbye there in a short logical way, and just about everyone said, "Sorry to see you go, we'll miss you, come back when you're ready." No gushies, no pleading, no emotional engaging. Just a sense of respect for her autonomy and trusting that she'll be back when she wants to come back. Funny, isn't it? There's an overall focus on the individual's autonomy and trust in their efficacy to make decisions rationally.
    Yes, it was all very cool, and we all understand, having all had similar feelings more than once. It's nice to have a group where there is no explanation necessary, just acceptance and understanding.

Deep down inside my black heart I am sobbing like a little girl though.
    *clinging to my face like a starfish of love* ....... PinkPiranha

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Yeah, that will make her feel SO less conspicuous. (gaaa)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    ...Deep down inside my black heart I am sobbing like a little girl though.
    shhhh, don't let anyone see you cry!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

She is going to kick all of our asses.

It's gonna be so sexy.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I'm assuming it's gonna be sexy in the most female of ways, or else it'll be some guy pretending to be a girl kicking our asses, and there is nothing sexy about that...

Even I have standards.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm assuming it's gonna be sexy in the most female of ways, or else it'll be some guy pretending to be a girl kicking our asses, and there is nothing sexy about that...

Even I have standards.
    Rough sex can be hawt.

I have no standards.