User Tag List

First 345

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Biker Dude View Post
    I've heard a couple of stories, but they all basically say it started in prison. One story is that you sagged to indicate you were willing to be someones bitch for protection. Always made me laugh when I see some saggin in public after hearing that!
    Thats not true, in prison you would get ill fitting cloths to wear, without belts, because belts could be used as weapons. So the pants would sagg down, hence wear it started from.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Re:op:

While my interest in clothing only goes as far as being presentable, I'm of the mind that men sagging their pants are akin to women wearing especially low-cut blouses. In both cases you have to accept that while you do have the right (within legal limitations) to package your corporeal vessel however you see fit, some people will take issue and some people will even go so far as to vocalize their dislike.

On a personal level, though, every generation has its absurd fashions. I don't see why people get so huffy about it.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    Thats not true, in prison you would get ill fitting cloths to wear, without belts, because belts could be used as weapons. So the pants would sagg down, hence wear it started from.
    Actually, you are not given belts in prison because of the suicide risk.

MBTI
    infx

Wow, er the first time I saw pants hung THAT low I was in a pub. There was a guy playing fuseball right by us and his arse was just hanging out (well, with boxers on). I couldn't stop laughing, it just looks so well...funny! I can cope with low strung...some boxers showing, but I honestly thought they'd just fallen down. Being drunk I think I probably shouted something about it within ear shot (accidentally on purpose). I did have a strange urge to cup his arse cheeks with my hands though...

To conclude, I find it quite amusing so completely approve. I can see why it might offend some people though. If I wore my pants like that I'd expect comments I think. Some people just like to comment, but I can see the possibility of that woman looking for a reaction also.

P.S I'm tempted to start wearing my jeans like that so everyone can check out my leopard print underwear.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by dissolved girl View Post
    P.S I'm tempted to start wearing my jeans like that so everyone can check out my leopard print underwear.
    I'm sure the gents would be pleased while the old ladies would hate you, hehehe.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

The title of this thread is sooo gay.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by dissolved girl View Post
    With apologies to Jim Croce:

"Every time I tried to write
    All the words just came out wrong
    So I had to say I love you
    In a thong."