User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Fashion Tips

MBTI
    GONE

SF and the bay area is a stylin' place but every region has a distinct flavor and homegrown look. You'll know it when you get there and it will be easy to experimetn with those looks. You like looking like a bike messenger? LOLOLOL. Sorry, somewhat inside joke (?)

The atmosphere is a lot more loose and laid back, people can get more creative and original and dress with more flair in general, and you can pretty much wear whatever you want and most people don't bat an eye.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    SF and the bay area is a stylin' place but every region has a distinct flavor and homegrown look. You'll know it when you get there and it will be easy to experimetn with those looks. You like looking like a bike messenger? LOLOLOL. Sorry, somewhat inside joke (?)

The atmosphere is a lot more loose and laid back, people can get more creative and original and dress with more flair in general, and you can pretty much wear whatever you want and most people don't bat an eye.
    Hehe, yea I grew up in the bay area for the first seventeen years of my life. Definitely a laid back and diverse area of California. I grew up in the southern and eastern parts of the bay though, so a little more conservative on my side (silicon valley, san ramon, etc.). Definitely some good spots on haight in Frisco though.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I'd like to see a pic of you as well as hear a short description of who you are and what you do, before answering this question
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I'd like to see a pic of you as well as hear a short description of who you are and what you do, before answering this question
    Hmmm, I'd like to give a pic, but no digital camera or scanner. The best I can do is the description at the beginning of the thread. Sorry.... but I can tell you that I am twenty four and have recently graduated and am doing research assistant work for personality and social labs. I'm doing it all for admissions to graduate school. I've been living in Southern California for about seven years now. Reading, learning, applying, and observing are my favorite past times. As my type suggests, I am introverted and shy, but extrovert myself when I deem necessary.

Is that enough for an answer?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I'm just starting to concern myself with fashion as well.

The first lesson I learned is that fit is the most important thing, so make sure you understand that first. An average piece of clothing that has excellent fit will look 100% better on you than a top of the line ($$$) piece that doesn't fit right. So feel free to buy cheaper clothes until you learn what fits your body.

Oh, and I really liked this book. It may not help you buy something for dance clubs, but it really gave me an appreciation of how much goes into classic fashion:

Amazon.com: Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion: Alan Flusser: Books

That's all I got. For now. Great thread, though!

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I'm just starting to concern myself with fashion as well.

The first lesson I learned is that fit is the most important thing, so make sure you understand that first. An average piece of clothing that has excellent fit will look 100% better on you than a top of the line ($$$) piece that doesn't fit right. So feel free to buy cheaper clothes until you learn what fits your body.
    Good point.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Fashion? WHY?!

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I know you weren't talking to me, but if you have the time, what would you recommend for a 17 year old guy, 6 foot 3, average build, dark brown hair, light complexion, blue eyes?

As for who I am and what I do, my favourite thing to do is play music. I play lots of different stuff... rock, blues, jazz, country, R&B, acoustic, whatever. I like other arts, too, although I wouldn't call myself an "artist" kind of guy. anything else you want to know?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Just wear a toga robe. All the time.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    Hmmm, I'd like to give a pic, but no digital camera or scanner. The best I can do is the description at the beginning of the thread. Sorry.... but I can tell you that I am twenty four and have recently graduated and am doing research assistant work for personality and social labs. I'm doing it all for admissions to graduate school. I've been living in Southern California for about seven years now. Reading, learning, applying, and observing are my favorite past times. As my type suggests, I am introverted and shy, but extrovert myself when I deem necessary.

Is that enough for an answer?
    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I know you weren't talking to me, but if you have the time, what would you recommend for a 17 year old guy, 6 foot 3, average build, dark brown hair, light complexion, blue eyes?

As for who I am and what I do, my favourite thing to do is play music. I play lots of different stuff... rock, blues, jazz, country, R&B, acoustic, whatever. I like other arts, too, although I wouldn't call myself an "artist" kind of guy. anything else you want to know?

That's half of the info I need, so thanks. But I need a pic to see your skin, hair and eye colour as well as body shape. And no, descriptions can't help me, I wish they could Pics are dodgy as it is..best would be to see you irl.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”