User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Fashion Tips

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I don't know, for me I could, honestly, care less about the clothes I wear. I guess I purposely try to stay away from what's in style, as it may draw attention and stuff, so i usually prefer unique t-shirts. I have a few t-shirts of bands that no one has ever heard of, and a random other assortment, nothing designer or from chain stores, most of my clothes comes from like various events, or has certain things printed on them that I like.

I stick to jeans, then shorts in the summer, I like to do stuff outdoors, and I spend a great deal of time. I guess I haven't really considered or thought about new clothes, or even styles of clothes..it really doesn't matter to me.

edit: my favorite shirt I bought from the net is a shirt with a really neat design on the front, and it says "Chemistry of Attraction: Look beneith the surface."

on the back is a picture of an angel and a demon with a quote that Neitzche made: "What's done in love surpasses all good and evil."

I like it because absolutely no one in my high school understands it..people are just too shallow these days.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

you wear those shoes during the winter? I am personally not a fan of white shoes (in fact I rarely white since i don't feel it matches with me).. not really sure what you mean by builds character... I'll typically wear brown or black shoes (argh, boringness but matches the majority of things). my co-worker has a pair of shoes I like:

Onitsuka Tiger - MEXICO 66

the two things I've spent the least amount of money on is shoes and coats...mainly because they're the most expensive. they're still important accents since they're what people see you in the most.

do you have a blazer/sports jacket at all? they can seem a little formal but can be tempered by what you wear underneath it.

definitely come back and post any new things you get

MBTI
    ENTJ

Seconding Yamamoto and Rick Owens but no, they're not cheap. I am in love with Rick Owens' women's line, too.

As for male style, well I admire anyone who takes risks and anyone who personalizes it. And I have a probably completely unfair dislike of hipster doofuses (see earlier posted photos).
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Where do you live? Do you know if there is a place called Zara in your neck of the woods?

What makes Zara interesting is how they are able to be successful without using sweatshops. Rather then creating a thousand of the same shirt, they make 50 of 20 different shirts. So, each store is different/unique and because what's on the rack is constantly changing.

Check out this article here to learn the behind of the scenes of how Zara does its clothes:
    Zara's Secret for Fast Fashion - HBS Working Knowledge

The nearest one for me is 6 hours away so I haven't been to one yet. You can check their confusing ass website to try to find a location near you (ZARA). I have only the vaguest sense of what kind of clothes they offer..i've wanted to check it out ever since i read that article.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010
    Great fitting jeans and solid color t-shirts always look nice. I've never understood the fuss about clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    Seconded. Don't front. Just go with what you feel comfortable being in.
    +100
    Whatever is comfortable and doesn't look like you live on the street will work. And in winter: + whatever is warm enough.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INTJ

I live in Riverside, CA. But I will be up in the bay area this February as well.

MBTI
    ENTJ

San Francisco ROCKS for shopping. There's an independent designer with (I think) their main shop in SF - I'll dig up the name and post it, they make the best shirts evah.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    I live in Riverside, CA. But I will be up in the bay area this February as well.
    in that case... I should mention you can get short sleeved henley shirts.

.. and, a handkerchief mention!

ah.hh, the handkerchief. for sweeet style, I first recommend a plain white handkerchief and giving it a unique fold. After folding it, I recommend either placing it in the breast pocket of the t-shirt you are wearing or in the back right pocket of your pants (do people in cali wear pants?).

you can potentially also do the same with a bandana but i'd say that it only looks good in the back pocket when folded rather then in the breast pocket.

even better if the handkerchief is made of silk or has a simple yet aesthetically pleasing design.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by file cabinet View Post
    in that case... I should mention you can get short sleeved henley shirts.

.. and, a handkerchief mention!

ah.hh, the handkerchief. for sweeet style, I first recommend a plain white handkerchief and giving it a unique fold. After folding it, I recommend either placing it in the breast pocket of the t-shirt you are wearing or in the back right pocket of your pants (do people in cali wear pants?).

you can potentially also do the same with a bandana but i'd say that it only looks good in the back pocket when folded rather then in the breast pocket.

even better if the handkerchief is made of silk or has a simple yet aesthetically pleasing design.
    Interesting, I've never seen that done before. Lol, I must hang around some really conservative people.

MBTI
    INTJ

You know, the handkerchief in a polo breast pocket can kind of be "urban/debonair" if applied correctly. I like that idea cabinet.