User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Fashion Tips

MBTI
    INTJ

Sometimes I like fitting a skinny tie to a polo shirt. Sounds kind of wacky, but it actually works, lol.

MBTI
    INTJ

I have no background in arts blanclait. It doesn't matter how experimental; I just wanted to see what everyone else does/or considers in clothing. Perhaps I can assimilate some ideas. You can get as experimental or as contemporary as you desire. All input will be considered.

MBTI
    ENTP

if its just general, i think you should try looking into this thread:
    http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...4186-2477.html

It's a very popular fashion forum's thread on "what members wear"

For stores like gap, and even many higher brands go quite conservative in menswear department. So i would like to recommend:

Yohji Yamamoto, D&G and Rick Owens.
    But these are not very cheap brands. D&G shouldn't be that bad though.

Usually just putting 1 hint of accent as in accessory or unique jacket, will be enough. Scarf , Hat, etc.
    Accessory is very important aspect. Such as the tie & watch. Don't underestimate them, they can make the whole outfit look cheap or classy.

If you haven't experimented with colors long enough its notrecommended that you try mix and match with colors yet.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by blanclait View Post
    if its just general, i think you should try looking into this thread:
    http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...4186-2477.html

It's a very popular fashion forum's thread on "what members wear"

For stores like gap, and even many higher brands go quite conservative in menswear department. So i would like to recommend:

Yohji Yamamoto, D&G and Rick Owens.
    But these are not very cheap brands. D&G shouldn't be that bad though.

Usually just putting 1 hint of accent as in accessory or unique jacket, will be enough. Scarf , Hat, etc.
    Accessory is very important aspect. Such as the tie & watch. Don't underestimate them, they can make the whole outfit look cheap or classy.

If you haven't experimented with colors long enough its notrecommended that you try mix and match with colors yet.
    Thank you, I will look into this.

henley style shirts (if you can find them, they're more of a Fall thing but.. fuck'm, i like'm for layering), suspenders, scarves, and a cool hat ...

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by file cabinet View Post
    henley style shirts (if you can find them, they're more of a Fall thing but.. fuck'm, i like'm for layering), suspenders, scarves, and a cool hat ...
    henley style shirts? I'm not sure what you mean by henley.....
    and I usually don't experiment with cool hats. But I'm interested!!!!! Please post some pics.

Also, is anyone here a fan of brooks brothers stuff? I just got a reward card with them, and intend to go looking around with it soon.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Great fitting jeans and solid color t-shirts always look nice. I've never understood the fuss about clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    Seconded. Don't front. Just go with what you feel comfortable being in.
    Sorry guys, but please brook this thread for a little longer. I feel that a little mix up now and then adds a little variety and imagination to the day.There's a different look for every occasion you know.

MBTI
    INTJ

Oh by the way, a few of you have stated that men's fashion is a little constrained and too simple to work with. Well if you like, you don't have to strictly adhere to male's dress code. So how about applying some tenets of feminine dress to the male dress code. Now I'm not talking about full on cross-dress here, lol, but how have you been able to to apply some facets of female dress into your male routine? For example, have any of you tried using perfume instead of cologne before?

That's just an idea for a peripheral topic, if any of you are bored by the premise of male fashion. You can of course, stick to the original, do as you please.

I have two henley style shirts from LL Bean:
    Carefree Unshrinkable Henley, Long-Sleeve: Long-Sleeve at L.L.Bean

I also have some henley style shirts that are thermal which are more winter-ish.

With a henley you can potentially wear both a t-shirt and polo with it (3 layers... not too common for guys).

Henley shirt according to wikipedia:
    Henley shirt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The hat in the pic CzeCze posted is a 'cool' hat, IMO, that is simple and can compliment easy (I had a gray one until it was lost/stolen..long story). If you're really tall I don't know if I'd recommend this type of hat since it'd only make you seem taller. you could potentially attach a small feather along the side if that's your thing.

For a specifically outdoor winter hat, I have one exactly like this one. keeps you warm and doesn't look boring:

yeah, men's fashion is somewhat constrained...it's a battle. my first comment though is that most guys simply don't accessorize enough so by doing any accessorizing that's a good step. also, if you don't have white suspenders, you should buy them (I have received the most compliments on this from drunk and sober people alike).

as far as trying to directly apply some type of female fashion sense to a guy... the first thing that comes to mind is doing eyeliner (I've never done this..), manicure, shaving arms (if hairy), and so on. also, do not wear a diamond studded belt unless you would like to be hit on by other guys (despite this, I think diamonds still look pretty cool). it's not entirely uncommon for a guy to wear womens pants -- in my experience they'll feel tight around the crouch, and have an overall slimming effect. I recently replaced my shoelaces with red ones to help my shoes seems less boring (..another thing you may or may not want to look into).

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by file cabinet View Post
    I have two henley style shirts from LL Bean:
    Carefree Unshrinkable Henley, Long-Sleeve: Long-Sleeve at L.L.Bean

I also have some henley style shirts that are thermal which are more winter-ish.

With a henley you can potentially wear both a t-shirt and polo with it (3 layers... not too common for guys).

Henley shirt according to wikipedia:
    Henley shirt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The hat in the pic CzeCze posted is a 'cool' hat, IMO, that is simple and can compliment easy (I had a gray one until it was lost/stolen..long story). If you're really tall I don't know if I'd recommend this type of hat since it'd only make you seem taller. you could potentially attach a small feather along the side if that's your thing.

For a specifically outdoor winter hat, I have one exactly like this one. keeps you warm and doesn't look boring:

yeah, men's fashion is somewhat constrained...it's a battle. my first comment though is that most guys simply don't accessorize enough so by doing any accessorizing that's a good step. also, if you don't have white suspenders, you should buy them (I have received the most compliments on this from drunk and sober people alike).

as far as trying to directly apply some type of female fashion sense to a guy... the first thing that comes to mind is doing eyeliner (I've never done this..), manicure, shaving arms (if hairy), and so on. also, do not wear a diamond studded belt unless you would like to be hit on by other guys (despite this, I think diamonds still look pretty cool). it's not entirely uncommon for a guy to wear womens pants -- in my experience they'll feel tight around the crouch, and have an overall slimming effect. I recently replaced my shoelaces with red ones to help my shoes seems less boring (..another thing you may or may not want to look into).
    Manicures are something I have never done before. I will though. Healthy hands are good looking hands. I've never been a fan of tight pants, I prefer regular straight fit. As far as shoes go:

http://freshnessmag.com/v4/wp-galler..._hemp_dunk.jpg

I wear those. They're made from hemp, pretty durable, and the material doesn't look too bad when subject to external influence over time. As a matter of fact, I find that it sort of builds its character.