User Tag List

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default California finanical woes; Legalize prostitution

LA Celebrity Gossip Examiner: Solution to California finanical woes; Legalize pot and prostitution

Solution to California finanical woes; Legalize pot and prostitution
    12 comments
    January 25, 3:53 AM
    by Tiffany Warner, LA Celebrity Gossip Examiner
    Previous
    Next

Should marijuana be legalized in California?
    Since moving to Los Angeles last year, I'm constantly bombarded with the question, "Do you smoke (marijuana)?" I was initially surprised at how the question transcends age, sex and race. It seems everyone in California smokes pot.

I found the question pretty comedic and still do. What's even funnier, some financial experts' unconventional proposal of legalizing pot and prostitution to assist in solving California's financial woes.

The proposal might make sense on paper but is it morally right?

According to KCAL 9 News, "Some financial experts in California are toying with the idea of legalizing both prostitution and marijuana as a way to raise revenue and shrink the state's current $41 billion deficit." (View news story below.)

David Lazarus, financial columnist for the Los Angeles Times, admits both pot smoking and prostitution are very popular "sins" in the state. If legalized and taxed, they could generate millions or even billions in extra revenue for California.

So what do you think? Should California legalize marijuana and prostitution?
    I come home after long 10 hour days, and have to hear stories like this. Now... while it would be nice to be able to pick up some hookers legally (I mean, lets face it, what better way is there to de-stress and wind down from a long day?) here, I have to say that I would like to leave the state if this turns into a serious proposal/solution to the state's problems. Fecking ridiculous.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

*******I need a mod to delete this thread please. Was meant to be in the political section.********