User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    Doesn't it seem that way? I just had this notion that this is a substantial step in our evolution. One that transcends mere genetics. It's almost as if we're coming back full circle. From diversification to unification. It's kind of duplicitous in nature: unification through diversification if you think about it.
    Yeah, it's a back-and-forth cycle. Soon enough (if the world doesn't end in 2012), we'll go back to diversification. Then back to unification, etc.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Nice information in your OP I didnt know that and its cool.

I think as you would that an information sharing closely working together society makes sense. I dont think that humankind is likely to give up privacy of thoughts for that but I could imagine that it evolves in the direction.

At the moment I see society at the peak level of individualization. Western countries finally got rid of all religious or political imbued ideals and start thinking on their own, like Kant would have known it.

The thing is the new found individualization has led to loneliness, because there are less things to find common ground with other people and most people are in need of a herd or said more mild in need of a home.

I think MBTI advances the process in one direction. It actually gives common ground again for people and it emphasizes understanding for other people. Although some people take the test far over the top, its ok in the long run, because the test stops at some point to give you new insights because it lacks precision.

The thing is, I think the next step will be a unified understanding for all people and an easier way to understand themselves better, not through a test, but through evolution.

If we could reach this step, mutual cooperation and the usage of all of peoples talents could be maxed out. Then the next step could be really a step towards a wise civilisation.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    So I was thinking the next step would be to implement more interrelatedness in the global community. Perhaps cerebral implants that would unify our thoughts? Maybe these implants can be used to monitor thoughts and weed out counter-productive deviants (like an efficient police system). It would also help to promote good ideas and work together concurrently. How about an organic internet that would make us amalgamate our being and thoughts into one entity? There seems to be no delay in this process.
    Are you actually trying to promote a totalitarian society?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Genesis View Post
    Are you actually trying to promote a totalitarian society?
    Not exactly totalitarian, just a more vigilant society.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    The thing is, I think the next step will be a unified understanding for all people and an easier way to understand themselves better, not through a test, but through evolution.

If we could reach this step, mutual cooperation and the usage of all of peoples talents could be maxed out. Then the next step could be really a step towards a wise civilisation.
    I especially agree with this part about unified understanding. A lot of people are too self-interested. But what a lot do not realize is that a greater understanding between everyone would lead to better cooperation. Better cooperation is ultimately best for self-interests anyway. Yes it really does beget a plethora of things that would eventually beget a wise civilization. Good point entropie.