User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had 24 hours to live what would you do?

Permabanned Array

Default If you had 24 hours to live what would you do?

So, what would you do if you knew you only had a day left of life on this earth?

[youtube="picUQOa-Gow"]24 Hours to Live[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    So, what would you do if you knew you only had a day left of life on this earth?
    I would take my family out for a really nice dinner somewhere, I think, and spend the rest of the day with them.

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

go on a killing spree.
    by @magpie

Banned Array

Well damn, I think I'd probably just go ahead and get it over with after saying goodbye to my family. I don't want to deal with a certain future.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

darkened dreams Array labyrinthine's Avatar
    4 sx/sp
    INFp None

I'd try not to let it ruin my day.
    The first man to raise a fist is the man who's run out of ideas. H.G. WELLS
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool. FEYNMAN

If this is monkey pee, you're on your own.SCULLY

You mean, given my circumstances now?

Only 24 hours?

I would not be polite if I didn't feel like it. I would say exactly what I think and feel. I would eat exactly what I felt like eating.
    I would smile at cute strangers, flirt, fight, look everyone squarely in the eye.

I would hire a private jet to take me to a secluded beach in Miami, FL.

But not before writing down exactly how I feel about people and what I want them to know. I would type these up and maybe make beautiful cards for people, I dunno. Or I'd write them on the plane ride.

I would list my greatest regrets in life. And spam the internet with it. I would feel like someone should learn from my mistakes else they were made completely in vain.

I would hug everyone I loved one last time and give them the letter in person. Or mail them if it's just not possible.

I'd make sure I have a will secured.

I'd write my last words to the world.

Then I'd lounge on a secluded beach, taking in god's glory and the beautiful earth along with the baseness of consumption and everything that means, spending my last hours in hedonistic elite circumstances.

Probably spend the last hours of my life just trying to experience me and life and see if and what any epiphanies and truths reveal themselves. I might be selfish and call up some people before the end, just to hear their voices, maybe ask them some questions to hear the real truth, but mostly just because I loved them and wanted to speak to them on last time.

I probably would not tell anyone I was going to die.

So that's that.

24 hours is not a lot to work with. You didn't even give us a million dollars in this scenario.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

I think I'd try and create something for my kids to remember me by. Something to help them in their future. And I'd play.

Senior Member Array The Third Rider's Avatar

I would spend the time with my mother and sisters and possibly call the rest of the family and have a casual conversation with them. I would do the same with my friends with the exception of my best friend whom I would tell him straight up, I am sure he could handle it without getting over emotional about it. We would provably get a bottle of whine and personally I would like to have some laughs and spend a good time with my close ones and give so advice to my little sisters before I go. oh and I would say good bye to you guys as well. After that, just call it a life.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

I'd probably:

Spend some time with my family.
    Ski a couple runs, and spend some time up at the summit looking around at the mountains.
    Finally find out just how fast my car can go.
    Make some arrangements for after my death. Don't need to be burdening everyone else with it. Pickup, small funeral, probably cremation. Write up a short will and get it notarized.
    Watch the sun set with my girlfriend, and then die in my sleep I guess.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%