User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 76

  1. #51
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    A wife is a prostitute (theoretically) generally, its accepted the man works and the wife is a housewife. You provide for her, put a roof on her head, feed her cloth her etc. You have sex with her, she is your personal prostitute. You're getting her body in return for commitment and financial security you can provide her, and you both kinda have an agreement she will only have sex with you, for the remainder of the time, until you can provide these benefits for her.


    I understand your paradigm... but there are other paradigms under which to view a marriage relationship than as a purely business-like arrangement with sex traded for security. In fact, that seems to be the most shallow paradigm of them all, if you look at all the possibilities and actually have been married for any real length of time.

    And what does this sort of **** have to do with Sahara right now? (It seems rather like some woman shows up raped and bleeding on your doorstep, and you stand around talking to other people in her proximity about whether or not she brought it on herself.)

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Once, during a terrible argument my wife and I were having early in our marriage, she raised this point. She said "That's all I am to you...your whore!"

    To my shame, I replied "No, that's not true at all. If you were just my whore, I would have fired you a long time ago."
    I no longer feel bad about the "looker" comment.

    You had already dug yourself a deep-enough hole before *I* had ever come along.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  2. #52
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Being my husband's exclusive whore would rock. I would get material things and sex, but would not have to do housework. Alas, I am a wife.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  3. #53
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Being my husband's exclusive whore would rock. I would get material things and sex, but would not have to do housework. Alas, I am a wife.
    What if he ran out of money?

  4. #54
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    What if he ran out of money?
    The man proposed with a bagel, if that tells you anything.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  5. #55
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    The man proposed with a bagel, if that tells you anything.
    Well, following your logic (and I don't, mind you) that would make you not just a whore, but a cheap whore.

    Now please be aware, I'm not calling you that, I don't think you are that, and I have very high respect and regard for you...but that's where your argument leads.

  6. #56
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Well, following your logic (and I don't, mind you) that would make you not just a whore, but a cheap whore.

    Now please be aware, I'm not calling you that, I don't think you are that, and I have very high respect and regard for you...but that's where your argument leads.
    Yes, and if I was a whore I would only want his money. I want not just his money, I want his time, his loyalty, his faithfulness, his devotion, his respect, his affection, the list goes on. I want to grow old with him and I'd like to die with him and be buried beside him and even if there is no marriage in heaven, I'd like to be his roomie. I'd just rather not have to clean his house.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  7. #57
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'd just rather not have to clean his house.
    Well, you DO have to draw limits somewhere!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  8. #58
    Oberon
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Yes, and if I was a whore I would only want his money. I want not just his money, I want his time, his loyalty, his faithfulness, his devotion, his respect, his affection, the list goes on. I want to grow old with him and I'd like to die with him and be buried beside him and even if there is no marriage in heaven, I'd like to be his roomie. I'd just rather not have to clean his house.
    Well, who said you had to? Was it in the vows?

    My wife keeps telling me that there was a "cold feet" clause in our wedding vows that means that when she gets into bed I am contractually bound to let her put her cold feet on me to warm them up. I've reviewed the wedding video several times, and can't seem to find that part...

  9. #59
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Well, who said you had to? Was it in the vows?

    My wife keeps telling me that there was a "cold feet" clause in our wedding vows that means that when she gets into bed I am contractually bound to let her put her cold feet on me to warm them up. I've reviewed the wedding video several times, and can't seem to find that part...
    lol, We didn't have a video, but I have my vows written on a piece of notebook paper in a box around here somewhere. Next time I run across them, I'll double check.

    I'm pretty sure your wife is right about the cold feet thing. That's pretty standard in all wedding vows, afaik. The video camera guy probably had to switch out the batteries during that part of the ceremony or something.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

  10. #60
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post


    I understand your paradigm... but there are other paradigms under which to view a marriage relationship than as a purely business-like arrangement with sex traded for security. In fact, that seems to be the most shallow paradigm of them all, if you look at all the possibilities and actually have been married for any real length of time.
    To me its the only "paradigm" which follows logically. My arguments conclusion follows from the biases of the argument. Perhaps you, you could refute that instated of going on about how shallow it is.

    And what does this sort of **** have to do with Sahara right now?
    Nothing, it was just a follow on comment, from another user who said something to the extent that marriage is prostitution. Sahara said she needed a break, sometimes people are not looking for advice (not saying she wasn't) they just want to get things off their chest.

    (It seems rather like some woman shows up raped and bleeding on your doorstep, and you stand around talking to other people in her proximity about whether or not she brought it on herself.)
    Oh great lets pull a hypothetical situation out of our ass to attack someone. If you don't like what I say refute it, don't attack me personally. And for your information if I was ever in that situation I wouldn't stand around suggesting she brought it on herself.

Similar Threads

  1. If objective value does not exist, then why become an atheist?
    By Studmuffin23 in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-10-2015, 01:16 AM
  2. ADHD Does Not Exist
    By JAVO in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-18-2014, 07:41 PM
  3. America does not exist within its borders.
    By Haphazard in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 03:24 AM
  4. Why God most certainly does not exist
    By Mycroft in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 207
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 04:26 PM
  5. The place where spontaneity does not exist
    By Virtual ghost in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 04:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO