First 45678 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    A wife is a prostitute (theoretically) generally, its accepted the man works and the wife is a housewife. You provide for her, put a roof on her head, feed her cloth her etc. You have sex with her, she is your personal prostitute. You're getting her body in return for commitment and financial security you can provide her, and you both kinda have an agreement she will only have sex with you, for the remainder of the time, until you can provide these benefits for her.

I understand your paradigm... but there are other paradigms under which to view a marriage relationship than as a purely business-like arrangement with sex traded for security. In fact, that seems to be the most shallow paradigm of them all, if you look at all the possibilities and actually have been married for any real length of time.

And what does this sort of **** have to do with Sahara right now? (It seems rather like some woman shows up raped and bleeding on your doorstep, and you stand around talking to other people in her proximity about whether or not she brought it on herself.)

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Once, during a terrible argument my wife and I were having early in our marriage, she raised this point. She said "That's all I am to you...your whore!"

To my shame, I replied "No, that's not true at all. If you were just my whore, I would have fired you a long time ago."
    I no longer feel bad about the "looker" comment.

You had already dug yourself a deep-enough hole before *I* had ever come along.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Being my husband's exclusive whore would rock. I would get material things and sex, but would not have to do housework. Alas, I am a wife.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Being my husband's exclusive whore would rock. I would get material things and sex, but would not have to do housework. Alas, I am a wife.
    What if he ran out of money?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

What if he ran out of money?
    The man proposed with a bagel, if that tells you anything.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Oberon

The man proposed with a bagel, if that tells you anything.
    Well, following your logic (and I don't, mind you) that would make you not just a whore, but a cheap whore.

Now please be aware, I'm not calling you that, I don't think you are that, and I have very high respect and regard for you...but that's where your argument leads.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Well, following your logic (and I don't, mind you) that would make you not just a whore, but a cheap whore.

Now please be aware, I'm not calling you that, I don't think you are that, and I have very high respect and regard for you...but that's where your argument leads.
    Yes, and if I was a whore I would only want his money. I want not just his money, I want his time, his loyalty, his faithfulness, his devotion, his respect, his affection, the list goes on. I want to grow old with him and I'd like to die with him and be buried beside him and even if there is no marriage in heaven, I'd like to be his roomie. I'd just rather not have to clean his house.
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'd just rather not have to clean his house.
    Well, you DO have to draw limits somewhere!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Yes, and if I was a whore I would only want his money. I want not just his money, I want his time, his loyalty, his faithfulness, his devotion, his respect, his affection, the list goes on. I want to grow old with him and I'd like to die with him and be buried beside him and even if there is no marriage in heaven, I'd like to be his roomie. I'd just rather not have to clean his house.
    Well, who said you had to? Was it in the vows?

My wife keeps telling me that there was a "cold feet" clause in our wedding vows that means that when she gets into bed I am contractually bound to let her put her cold feet on me to warm them up. I've reviewed the wedding video several times, and can't seem to find that part...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Well, who said you had to? Was it in the vows?

My wife keeps telling me that there was a "cold feet" clause in our wedding vows that means that when she gets into bed I am contractually bound to let her put her cold feet on me to warm them up. I've reviewed the wedding video several times, and can't seem to find that part...
    lol, We didn't have a video, but I have my vows written on a piece of notebook paper in a box around here somewhere. Next time I run across them, I'll double check.

I'm pretty sure your wife is right about the cold feet thing. That's pretty standard in all wedding vows, afaik. The video camera guy probably had to switch out the batteries during that part of the ceremony or something.
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

I understand your paradigm... but there are other paradigms under which to view a marriage relationship than as a purely business-like arrangement with sex traded for security. In fact, that seems to be the most shallow paradigm of them all, if you look at all the possibilities and actually have been married for any real length of time.
    To me its the only "paradigm" which follows logically. My arguments conclusion follows from the biases of the argument. Perhaps you, you could refute that instated of going on about how shallow it is.

And what does this sort of **** have to do with Sahara right now?
    Nothing, it was just a follow on comment, from another user who said something to the extent that marriage is prostitution. Sahara said she needed a break, sometimes people are not looking for advice (not saying she wasn't) they just want to get things off their chest.

(It seems rather like some woman shows up raped and bleeding on your doorstep, and you stand around talking to other people in her proximity about whether or not she brought it on herself.)
    Oh great lets pull a hypothetical situation out of our ass to attack someone. If you don't like what I say refute it, don't attack me personally. And for your information if I was ever in that situation I wouldn't stand around suggesting she brought it on herself.