User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default "24" and cigarettes

I don't think a thread has been done on this, but I really like the series 24, it's awesome. Now since I'm new to MBTI, I was thinking of making a lighthearted transition into its comprehension. 24 watchers, help me assess the types of the the characters in 24 that you can think of. Of course, I would like your reasons included (help me learn MBTI). I'm going to start of by saying that Jack Bauer is an ISTJ?

Also, in the interest of multitasking:
    Any of you smoke, have you tried quitting? What methods have you used? What methods have others used? Any substitutions? Suggestions are welcome.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post

Any of you smoke, have you tried quitting? What methods have you used? What methods have others used? Any substitutions? Suggestions are welcome.
    Are you sure you're INTJ ?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilen View Post
    Are you sure you're INTJ ?
    What do you suggest? Or more importantly, are there any tests you recommend for me?

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

What do you suggest? Or more importantly, are there any tests you recommend for me?
    This thread is doomed to chaos -which i do not mind- there are 3 topics already, 24 / cigs / your type. That would definitely frustrate any INTJ.

This test's rather accurate methinks.

MBTI
    INTJ

This thread is doomed to chaos -which i do not mind- there are 3 topics already, 24 / cigs / your type. That would definitely frustrate any INTJ.

This test's rather accurate methinks.
    Hmmmm, I already took that test. Well, I don't know what to say, I think this is the second time I've heard a comment like this since joining your community. Ah well.....
    But anyway, back to the topic(s) at hand.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Don't listen to them -- there's not nearly enough data to infer a type.

I'm INFJ, have never watched 24, and smoke cigarettes but have no short-term intention of quitting.

garbage

Huh, a thread about two things I hate. Awesome!

I just kind of got sick of smoking. I got to the point where I'd light one up and put it out a few puffs later.. I figured out that I was lighting up out of habit. I ended up quitting pretty much out of sheer will after that. I also chew a lot of gum, but I did that when I was a smoker, too.

Just yesterday, I "rebounded" and bought a pack. My conscious thought process was that I just wanted some smokes just as others smoke cigars. However, I'm pretty sure it was just my subconscious trying to ready me for a situation in which I'd be anxious that day; smokes used to calm me down and so I suppose I still had the subconscious connection between smoking and relieving anxiety. Once I figured that out, I just threw the pack away.

Well.. if it's taken from a sort of efficiency standpoint (topics per thread?), it could very well be xNTJ behavior I could see more "P" if the thread just meandered from topic to topic on the count of the OP.

.. and I think that's bound to happen now

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    smokes used to calm me down and so I suppose I still had the subconscious connection between smoking and relieving anxiety. Once I figured that out, I just threw the pack away.
    And I think that's what my main problem is. that anxiety relief/smoking nexus. It's really easy to say "it's beneficial to stop smoking, etc., etc."
    But what it all boils down to is: Can you surmount your physical subjugation in order to make way for rationale. But on the other hand it kind of is rational to smoke; I mean it makes too much sense to smoke:

If smoke
    Feel Good
    Else
    {
    }

Well.. if it's taken from a sort of efficiency standpoint (topics per thread?), it could very well be xNTJ behavior I could see more "P" if the thread just meandered from topic to topic on the count of the OP.

.. and I think that's bound to happen now
    I believe my highest "percentage" was intution at 75 percent. Thinking was at 25 percent, introversion was 65, and judging was at 40 something. Maybe these distributions can account for my perceived idiosyncracies?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    I'm INFJ, have never watched 24, and smoke cigarettes but have no short-term intention of quitting.
    You ought to get yourself a bumper sticker that says that.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP

I don't think a thread has been done on this, but I really like the series 24, it's awesome. Now since I'm new to MBTI, I was thinking of making a lighthearted transition into its comprehension. 24 watchers, help me assess the types of the the characters in 24 that you can think of. Of course, I would like your reasons included (help me learn MBTI). I'm going to start of by saying that Jack Bauer is an ISTJ?

There's a 24 thread somewhere in the pop culture typing section. I'll dig it up for you when I'm not feeling so lazy.

I loved 24 up until last season. Season 5 was brilliant. Season 6 sucked like a giant sucking thing. I'm still so bummed from that that I can't bring myself to watch this season.
    Something Witty