User Tag List

123 Last

Default Do you have a dream?

Do you have dreams for humanity or the world in general?

Do you have dreams for you neighbors, friends, and family?

...or for yourself?

If so what are they?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP

No, ygolo, I don't. Not anymore.

I prefer action these days while I'm still able to do things to improve people's situations. That's where my dreams have gone - into work!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Yes I do. And my friend Malcolm X said it best.

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah - those are the people I'm helping. . .

Silly me.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

It seems we have a some cynics in our midsts... so I guess I'll start.

I dream of a future when people do not fight over land or resources.

I dream of a future where people are respected as individuals and cooperate in groups.

I dream of a future where technology frees people of the race for survival, and allows them time to thrive.

I dream of living in peaceful neighborhoods with friendly neightbors who help each other out.

I dream of being close with family and friends, and sharing our deepest secrets with each other.

I dream of peace of mind.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

General stuff...not much in mind. I hope that one day, people will take responsibility for themselves, they will respect each other, and all cooperate and help each other--not because they "have to" or "need to," but just because they want to. I want us to want it. It always sounds corny when you say it like this, but I guess that's what I "dream."

For myself, I have lots more dreams that I've thought lots more about. Nothing big, but important to me. Just to live a relaxing life in which I can be me.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFP

ygolo! I'm not a cynic. Far from it.

My point - The time in my life for dreams is over. It's "Do the bucketlist time" here.

Dreams are all where it starts and you gotta have 'em at some time in your life.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I have a dream of a future where no one else but I will have dreams. That way, I can easily reach my dreams without the fierce competition. And once I get on top, I will assign dreams for other people. Their dreams will, of course, revolve around me in one way or another.

MBTI
    INFP

I'll say more.

I spent the latter part of my working life in the people-helping professions. Presently I volunteer at an alternative high school and a care center for the recuperating and elderly.

Once I dreamed of helping large groups of people. Now I do what I can one person at a time.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i do lots...but i don't like to type much.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison