User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, but what makes dreams interesting is the ones that have a hint of possibility to go with them.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I have many visions and dreams. I think a lot about the fate of humanity as well as my own future... I often contemplate about overpopulation, the destructive nature of mankind, pollution, future wars. Might have to do with the ENTJ personality, but I always have solutions for these things. Too bad they often require dictatorship and a lot of bloodshed. Some people are never willing to change their lives in order to achieve a greater good, the continued survival of mankind for an example, and they would resist all forms of radical change.

What mankind needs right now is population control. Not everyone should have children, and not many people should be allowed to have more than one, in order to reduce the earths population to currently sustainable levels. There must be a huge international cooperation to replace cars that run on gasoline, otherwise the world will soon be suffering greatly from flood, expanding deserts and weather anomalies. People living in urban areas doesn't need cars that run on gasoline or diesel to drive their few miles to work. I fully understand people living in desolate areas that actually NEEDS a King Cab to get to places, though.
    Besides, the world needs to take the financial focus away from the unreliable middle eastern countries. If their importance shrinks to zero, we can leave the crazy islamic extremists to have their bloody holy land for themselves. Not saying everyone are idiots, but as long as the rest of the world doesn't have business there, there's no reason to care what they are doing... We could comfortably ignore it.

Other things I think of a lot include future space exploration. There is a thread on this forum about asteroid mining. That part of the operation would be important... What we need to do is to send up enough things to the moon and build a base there. Since the moon has no atmosphere, traveling around and mining different asteroids from there would be easier than to have an earth-run operation since we wouldn't have to worry about the awful entering/reentering the atmosphere. Except for the fact that asteroids are generally pretty rich on ore, that ore could be used to expand the moon base. In a century or less there might even be a space wharf on the moon where everything from shuttles to giant transport cruisers are made.
    It is doubtful that we will be able to travel faster than light, teleport or such in the near future and thus we need to adapt our lives to space, if we ever want to get off this rock and expand to more planets. It is possible.

I don't know if my theory holds any water but... I had this thought a while back. Well in space, the aerodynamics of a "ship" wouldn't matter at all, because it is a vacuum. Thus, if a space wharf can be build so that we wouldn't have to launch small aerodynamic shuttles from earth, we could actually build HUGE city-like ships that can sustain entire populations. If you think about it, it is not impossible. Sure, there would have to be strict regulations on board, and large areas would be occupied by greenhouses, but it can work.

What mankind needs to explore space is some kind of engine that enables somewhat efficient and perpetual travel, say solar sails or photon engines. To sustain things we would also need mining shuttles to mine asteroids along the way, landing shuttles, probes and a lot of shit -_- But with enough planning, things could actually work.
    A major problem would be rioting, conspiracies and other things on board of the ship(s), so there would have to be a pretty large security force and surveillance as well as strict codes of what's tolerable... Kind of like a military operation. There would also have to be strict breeding programs, so that some families don't decide to have ten kids or such. Such population growth would be too hard to sustain, and the ships would eventually be crammed with people.

Even if it would take a couple of hundred years or more to reach other worlds that would potentially be able to sustain human populations, it would be worth it. If people split from earth, there would eventually be a time where evolution divides the two or more human populations into distinctly different races... But that'd take some serious time...

Sorry for this, Ne running wild.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INFP

I have a personal dream..

I dream of being married with children.. effectively balancing my own interests with familial responsibilities.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i do lots...but i don't like to type much.
    me2

heart on fire

I don't have enough clarity to have dreams. I have drives that I either follow or feel pain. My problem in the past was in not trusting the drives and ignoring them and dealing with the pain, hence being lost in life following nothing worth fighting or living for.

It's not as clear cut as saying I have a "dream" a dream is a conscious hope based on some formulated clear cut vision, but a drive is something that comes up out of the depths and it's whole parts may not be fully clear at first but must be done, a feverent desire with every part of one's being to do this or die trying.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

My ULTIMATE dream??

To move to trillionaire status so I can do some major philanthropy.

Every time I say this, people in my hood look at me all wierd. I come from a different set of life experiences they do. Anyone who sneers upon me for having such desires has no right to judge.

Honestly, my biggest wish is to work with those who truly have it worse than we do. Orphaned kids, abandoned, raped . . People who work hard, yet get little pay or respect. I admire those who are the backbone of our society. Funny how athletes make millions. I'd definitely dole out my cash to teachers who work over-time to educate our young ones. I'd also probably donate to the elderly so that they can stay at home with their family & have a care-taker take care of them. I would use that money to invest in alternative energy- create new innovative jobs for engineers, scientists for a better future. Invest in studies for alternative medicine/bioengineering for medical research.

I'd give to the arts- since I think it's important for the community. Without creative thinkers, we wouldn't have modern ingenuity. That's just what I personally would love to do: Give back to society.. hehe

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, I'd like people to relate to each other with respect, openness and authenticity.

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

last night I dreamed I couldn't find a table with the propper leg length, and we were on a jet boat.

but really, my dream is to be married, with kids, and have a home where people in the neighborhood can let their kids play and not worry. A place where people are encouraged to flourish as themselves. A place where the one who just had a fight with their spouse can come and be until they've calmed down or where you can ask for a cup of sugar/a box of pizza pockets/a screwdiver and have it generously given.

I want to have my own booth at the local craft fair/market (wherever that will be) and run/own/co-own a paint-your-own-potter-and-woodwork shop that has woodworking and/or ceramics lessons in the evening and does a lot of probono stuff for in patient clinics and out patient care clinics and group homes and schools and just generally acts as a small point of healing for the community.

*does a little dance* erm, yeah, that's it.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Dreams are not goals, so I am not gonna put lose weight, be debt-free, etc.
    I dream:

People will one day actually love each other as they love themselves.
    The term "Third World Country" is obsolete
    People will listen to that innervoice that they often silence
    People won't settle for mediocrity

Personally, I dream to find someone who adores me as much as I adore them
    To have the courage to take risks more often
    To truly love myself, regardless

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I have many visions and dreams. I think a lot about the fate of humanity as well as my own future... I often contemplate about overpopulation, the destructive nature of mankind, pollution, future wars. Might have to do with the ENTJ personality, but I always have solutions for these things. Too bad they often require dictatorship and a lot of bloodshed. Some people are never willing to change their lives in order to achieve a greater good, the continued survival of mankind for an example, and they would resist all forms of radical change.

What mankind needs right now is population control. Not everyone should have children, and not many people should be allowed to have more than one, in order to reduce the earths population to currently sustainable levels. There must be a huge international cooperation to replace cars that run on gasoline, otherwise the world will soon be suffering greatly from flood, expanding deserts and weather anomalies. People living in urban areas doesn't need cars that run on gasoline or diesel to drive their few miles to work. I fully understand people living in desolate areas that actually NEEDS a King Cab to get to places, though.
    I second that! I also want to add that people should adopt children as their FIRST option in staring a family.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.