User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by GargoylesLegacy View Post
    Oh I am glad somebody made this thread. Because I have an american calendar this year and there are all your holidays on it of course (which I am really interested in). And I saw about Martin Luther King Jr.s birthday and also another day (Jan 15th and 19th). So I wondered: Do you guys in the US actually celebrate this? If yes, how? And is it a real holiday where you get a day off?
    Yea, it really is simply a day of remembrance. Nobody every really says Happy MLK Day; it might even have a gloomy pall about it. It definitely does not hold the same demeanor as Independence Day. However I know, there are always unique thoughts and memories in every individual mind. I know there has to be people out there that think a little differently about today. That is why I asked, I just want to know what people think/do about today when they are normally taciturn about their thoughts/feelings in this regard.

MBTI
    INFP

It does have a bit of a pall over it, doesn't it?

As a mom of two adult children who didn't always do what I thought was best for themselves my first thought of Martin this morning was how disappointed he'd be in his brood since he couldn't stick around to guide them.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I'm celebrating today by watching episodes of In Living Color... good show.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    It does have a bit of a pall over it, doesn't it?

As a mom of two adult children who didn't always do what I thought was best for themselves my first thought of Martin this morning was how disappointed he'd be in his brood since he couldn't stick around to guide them.
    Well I didn't exactly mean in that way. The pall I previously mentioned was more consonant with retrospection of King's assassination rather than dissapointment in a cohort. If anything, I think it would be the contrary. We do have Barack Obama as president after all (and numerous other contributions I will not elaborate). King was the catalyst and provider of momentum to a movement (hehe, I like how momentum and movement went together so well) that can now be carried on by the rest of the American people, in my opinion of course.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

We participated in the national Day of Service. Go here for more information. There's still time to help out.
    There's reason to be afraid, and reason to open your heart. ~ Seal

Refreshment for your ears: www.kexp.org

MBTI
    INTP

If I had the time right now I would. I'll volenteer later.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    Well I didn't exactly mean in that way. The pall I previously mentioned was more consonant with retrospection of King's assassination rather than dissapointment in a cohort. If anything, I think it would be the contrary. We do have Barack Obama as president after all (and numerous other contributions I will not elaborate). King was the catalyst and provider of momentum to a movement (hehe, I like how momentum and movement went together so well) that can now be carried on by the rest of the American people, in my opinion of course.
    Yeah. You coined a decent phrase there.

Example of INFP - making it relevant to my life. Making a connection.

Edit: The greater pall for me goes without speaking.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Yeah. You coined a decent phrase there.

Example of INFP - making it relevant to my life. Making a connection.

Edit: The greater pall for me goes without speaking.
    Ahhh, I still have much to learn about MBTI. Thanks for the heads up though. Would you say that most NFP's place relatively high value on personal connections like this in general?

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I went to work yesterday, but I did it really half-assed.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel