User Tag List

123 Last

Question How would people from the US see this?

This should be in political subforum, but here more people will come across this thread. Plus I am not interested in ultra serious converstion.

I know that I am playing on cards that are somewhatl stereotypical but this can't be done on much different way.
    Something tells me that US members on the forum generally don't consider themselfs as average. But they know how people think. If I am wrong about this you are free correct me.

So the question is how an average American would look at me from political and social perspective.

I am not into democracy because I think that democracy is an illusion and I never voted in my life.
    I say yes to abortion and all the controversial reasearch in this field.
    Same works for euthanasia. I think that circumcision is nonsense.

I am not a fan of pop culture and I don't watch TV at all.
    I am against fast food and big or fast cars.
    Also I don't think that (free) market is something holy. Which is not because of some deep political reasons but simply because I think that it is wrong idea from chemical and biological perspective.

I don't believe in any kind of God and I have never prayed in my entire life, not even once. Plus all the things that go with it. Because of this I am quite non traditional person. I am not even spiritual.
    Also I think that evolution happened and it is a part of mine professional interests and I think that mankinds survival is impossible on the very long run.

I am not interested in any kind of sports and I never trained any.
    I think that countries are byproduct of human mind and needs and they are nothing more than that.
    I don't have a driving licence. I have nothing against gay people. I never took any kind of loan.
    I think that global warming is real and much more serious problem then it is presented. I don't have phantasies about becoming rich.
    I am not fan of alcohol or things that mess with senses. I don't see the point of armed society. I never had a pet.
    Also I think that having families with more then 2 children is not a good idea in general.

One the other hand I am not a fan of Chomsky or Marxism and I don't consider myself anti-american.

The thing is that in every category I appear to be on the opposite side of mainstream in the US or my position is not even on the chart.
    What would an average American think about me?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Well.. you first make the assumption that there is an "average" American. Just because we are from the same place, does not make us all have the same ideas. My views, in particular, are similar to yours in a lot of ways, though not all. To be honest, most people see me as a little quirky or different, but most people still know how to treat people with respect and dignity.

The misrepresentation of massive American patriotism and the fact that the "average" American "loves" war and thinks that democracy is "the only way" is massively wrong. There are all kinds of people here.

Now, as to ask how a conservative American would see you? They'd probably think you were just another "leftist liberal nutjob". But not all Americans are conservatives; most of us are starting to not be.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

Banned
    MBTI
    type

It's not that the average American will have a skewed view of you, but that you have a skewed view of the average American.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

What they think would depend on whether or not you're within gunshot range.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

As long as you can pay taxes and have a job, most wouldn't care.

I know that I am stereotyping I have even admited that I am stereotyping.

I will change the title so that it isn't so corny.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It's not that the average American will have a skewed view of you, but that you have a skewed view of the average American.
    Something Witty

I don't think most people would really care or have an opinion either way. I'm pretty sure most Americans know they are being spoon fed bullshit from their government and media. As with all institutions of government though, there is not much the average person can do about it. Beliefs are beliefs and don't usually put food on the table or shelter your family. This seems to be the main concern of most Americans these days.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

Wow, fuckin' commie! We don't take kindly to yer kind 'round here.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I don't believe in any kind of God and I have never prayed in my entire life, not even once. Plus all the things that go with it. Because of this I am quite non traditional person. I am not even spiritual.
    Also I think that evolution happened and it is a part of mine professional interests and I think that mankinds survival is impossible on the very long run.

I am not interested in any kind of sports and I never trained any.
    I think that countries are byproduct of human mind and needs and they are nothing more than that.
    I don't have a driving licence. I have nothing against gay people. I never took any kind of loan.

I think that global warming is real and much more serious problem then it is presented. I don't have phantasies about becoming rich.
    I am not fan of alcohol or things that mess with senses. I don't see the point of armed society. I never had a pet.
    Also I think that having families with more then 2 children is not a good idea in general.

One the other hand I am not a fan of Chomsky or Marxism and I don't consider myself anti-american.

The thing is that in every category I appear to be on the opposite side of mainstream in the US or my position is not even on the chart.
    What would an average American think about me?
    This is going in your permanent record mister!!
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE