First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Talking

I chose mine because i've always loved the comment from the first Matrix movie, "Thanks man! You're my own, personal Jesus Christ!". And even though i'm not that much of a christian (except the ethics and morale part), i've always felt some kind of weird kinship with Jesus. I can often work my ass off on someone elses' behalf, achieving near-wonder-type of things.
    And ofc, i've been called jesus because I used to have a big long beard (aprox. down to my nipples )

Well... That's my story

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP

Lightbulb

lamniformes. This is weird sure. It is the scientific name for a genus os sharks that include the great white shark. Why did I choose it? Well, I share certain 'traits' with them. And they aren't as bad as you think. Now, ok, people do call me weird.
    lamniformes
    ENTP, the professor
    helloeverybody1618@yahoo.co.in
    between you and me,
    i dont like the way the world works and i am gonna change it soon

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by lamniformes View Post
    lamniformes. This is weird sure. It is the scientific name for a genus os sharks that include the great white shark. Why did I choose it? Well, I share certain 'traits' with them. And they aren't as bad as you think.
    Of course they're not. (Of course, if you give them an arm, they'll take a leg.)

But seriously, they're so cool. I love watching the documentaries on TV about them, they look beautiful and powerful swimming about under the surface, and I'd love to touch one (although not quite like the nutties who stuck their hands out of the boat and petted wild ones on the nose...)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTj

. . . because it's my name!?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I like the way it sounds...

MBTI
    lego

Bashed my head against a keyboard when prompted for a user name & then added a couple vowels.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Made it up in highschool, when I was taking Latin... took some word ("aprilis", I thought it sounded cool) and twisted it around to sound less like a woman's name.

MBTI
    XNTX

Mine, it’s a fascination with the Norse (aka Vikings) and the French connection. (As my ancestors arrived with the Normans).

The Veneti (Gaul) (Celts) where a tribe of people on the Atlantic side of Brittany (France). It’s known they were extremely able at sailing. It is believed they became powerfully rich through the trade in Amber and navigated the internal river systems of Europe. They were a fair hair people (Unlike the actual French) and originate from approximately the Denmark/Estonia region.

Anyway, they lost an important "naval" battle with the Romans and many thousands sailed to the UK (They traded with Cornwall etc previously etc) and a large number ended up as slaves. Their population was some 50,000.

So, I think the UK's ability as a naval power may originate from this influx of people and I would like to believe it was these people that fled to Norway (beyond Rome's control) which lead to the Viking expeditions some 900 years later.

Pre Roman times in Europe are fascinating yet there seems to be so little known...

MBTI
    INTJ

Apollonian and Dionysian - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Taken from Wikipedia:

Apollo (Apollinian or Apollonian): the dream state, principium individuationis (principle of individuation), plastic (visual) arts, beauty, clarity, stint to formed boundaries, individuality, celebration of appearance/illusion, human beings as artists (or media of art's manifestation), self-control, perfection, exhaustion of possibilities, creation

This seems to epitomize my INTJ identity: controlled, speculative, yet optimistic and creative.

Plus, it shortens nicely to "Apollo", like the callsign from (the original) Battlestar Galactica.

Socionics
    SLI

Mine is a composition of three words, snow, ice and kitten. Why? Random. And I like it.