User Tag List

12 Last

Default N's make connections, S's dont?

Is it true that N types make connections between information he gets at the moment and older ones, and S types dont?

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lkpo14 View Post
    Is it true that N types make connections between information he gets at the moment and older ones, and S types dont?
    Have to go with "no".

That is a basic strategy for all learning - to connect new information with old. It is a fundamental principle for anyone studying education. It is an approach that works on everyone.

Ns are more theoretical and abstract than S's. Sensors are more likely to prefer hands-on training and concrete examples, whereas N's are comfortable in the realm of theory. N's may be more likely to make connections between abstract ideas, but you can't function in the concrete world without making connections and that is why that stereotype you state makes no sense.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

uh oh.
    Another can of worms!!

Banned
    MBTI
    type

It's not that simple, but the N is more likely to consider the past, present, and future as having a more real connection than the S is, and the N considers the past and future to hold more importance than the S does.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    It's not that simple, but the N is more likely to consider the past, present, and future as having a more real connection than the S is, and the N considers the past and future to hold more importance than the S does.
    That could be an example of making abstract connections, but here is a question. Another common idea is that Sensors place more value on experience when interviewing for a position whereas Ns focus more on potential. In that instance the Sensor is strongly connecting the past with the present. A strong emphasis placed on tradition is the same thing and SJs are often presented as maintaining traditions.

It is still important to maintain the importance and degree to which Sensors make connections in the concrete world. I notice my own lack of Sensing when I fail to perceive and connect all the details in my immediate surrounding. This results in my hitting my head on the car door because I failed to make the connection (or I suppose I did make the connection unfortunately). One time I was spray painting in a room in the basement until it occurred to me that there was a pilot light nearby. I didn't make that connection because I was lost in my head connecting ideas that were not part of my immediate surroundings.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    LoLz

I'm constantly connecting the past with present happenings. Now, connecting the present with future possibilities, fuck no.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

hmmm I am a pretty future oriented person. I'm a big what if thinker. Although most of my ideas and day dreams I realize are impossible..for right now anyways..and I ground myself back into reality.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    That could be an example of making abstract connections, but here is a question. Another common idea is that Sensors place more value on experience when interviewing for a position whereas Ns focus more on potential. In that instance the Sensor is strongly connecting the past with the present. A strong emphasis placed on tradition is the same thing and SJs are often presented as maintaining traditions.

It is still important to maintain the importance and degree to which Sensors make connections in the concrete world. I notice my own lack of Sensing when I fail to perceive and connect all the details in my immediate surrounding. This results in my hitting my head on the car door because I failed to make the connection (or I suppose I did make the connection unfortunately). One time I was spray painting in a room in the basement until it occurred to me that there was a pilot light nearby. I didn't make that connection because I was lost in my head connecting ideas that were not part of my immediate surroundings.
    my god can i relate to that...i score zero on s every time i take a test...it's quite awful actually. i hit my head on my car too! and just scraped my light pulling into the garage...i don't pay attention when someone else is driving...i get lost ridiculously easy in places like hotel rooms or hospitals...it's a dreadful dreadful thing. kinda off topic sorry.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

No. But N make connections that have a bit of an higher risk-return. They're more often wrong, but when they're right, the connection is brillant.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I've done the head-hitting thing. Some of the other things mentioned here are useful, even if vague.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.