User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: ISTJ Friend..

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

:yim_rolling_on_the_
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ESFJ

My ISTJ friends really do sort people. They BOTH agree on the fact that "they know if they're going to like somebody or not as soon as they see them." I'm not sure, but I think that this is more of a STJ thing rather than a SFJ thing. STJs tend to see all of the faults in people. -__-
    I bet they'll put something in the air tonight, just to light your face.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    All I have to say is...

I don't talk to people on IM who feel the need to use up 6 lines to say "Hi". It drives me nuts. The leet speak and what not is something I grew up with... but dammit, there can be more than one word per message!

[/rant]
    I generally agree, when one has the time to type a coherent message (eg on forums). I'm much more lenient when messages are charged by length (cell phones) or when timing is critical (gaming). Although, I do sometimes employ it for comedic value.

It's a wondrous irony, though, that leet speak is actually very good for making passwords.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Llenyd View Post
    I generally agree, when one has the time to type a coherent message (eg on forums). I'm much more lenient when messages are charged by length (cell phones) or when timing is critical (gaming). Although, I do sometimes employ it for comedic value.
    Cells charge by length still? (Besides the 128 char limit that some have)? I thought it was per message via SMS or similar... Gaming is a bit different - if you aren't using VOIP in some way, then shortcuts are important. That isn't regular conversation though, that's like gesturing to your squad instead of talking.

But over IM... It drives me batty;

There was...

This time...

That...

I had...

HAD...

to...

Block...

Someone...

Because...

They kept popping up on ICQ on me when I was trying to work. It's not that I didn't want them to write to me, but I can't handle getting the little flashing icon every two seconds..

And...

Then...

I Have...

to Scroll...

Up...

To see...

What... they... wrote.

Because... I Ignored

Them... for too long.

ARAGGGGGAH!

MBTI
    INTJ

<snort> I can hear your frustration, pt. Or is that my own? Hmmmp.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by girlnamedbless View Post
    My ISTJ friends really do sort people. They BOTH agree on the fact that "they know if they're going to like somebody or not as soon as they see them." I'm not sure, but I think that this is more of a STJ thing rather than a SFJ thing. STJs tend to see all of the faults in people. -__-
    My dad is an ESTJ, and he definitely sorts people. I've never known anyone to judge people as superficially as he does. With everyone, it's like he has this positive and negative column. When you do something he likes, you get a + checkmark. When you do something he doesn't like, you get a - checkmark. He does this with everyone, even his own family.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by niffer
    It is funny because she is fitting into her stereotype.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Yeah, that's obvious. I just don't find it funny. I guess I have a different sense of humour.
    There are basically only two types of comedy. There are things that are funny because they are true,
    and there are things that are funny because they are not true. :confused:
    niffer must find this funny because it's true, while Randomnity prefers to laugh at things that are not true.
    Some people (like me) enjoy to laugh at both types of humor.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Same with me, as soon as I look at a person I know instantly. If am going to like them or not.

I know sometimes, Ive done it on pretty dumb things sometimes. Like for example how a person is dressed how his hair is styled.

Once I did this blind date thing - started talking to this girl on the phone and he sounded really cool on the phone, until I met her. She had combats on and she talked loud she was like a tomboy. And I actually said to her, you could have sorted your hair out, and maybe wore some other boots. Anyway, we are friends now - every-time we go out as friends she likes to embarrasses me, like she will start to hold my hand while we are walking or like pinch my ass and stuff and everyone is looking and its embarrassing as hell.

I can't speak for other STJs, but you are right about me. When I meet new people, I can tell whether I like them or not almost immediately. It depends on how they carry themselves.

I sort people too. I need to know where I stand with other people. I would sort strangers if necessary.

About finding people's faults... let's say my bullshit detector just won't shut off. I don't normally point out people's faults in their face, but there is only so much you can put up with. Also, if you are working with me and I am the leader, the chance is that I will put you through hell. I am dead serious. Quality work and bullshit don't mix well in my opinion.
    "Man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated."
    - Ernest Hemingway

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I'll admit that I'm kinda confused how that's funny. Doesn't anyone interested in MBTI by definition enjoy sorting people? Even ENFPs? Why's it funny for an ISTJ to ask if someone likes sorting people? All I saw was an example of a typical teenage IM conversation...
    What do you mean exactly by "sorting people"?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft