User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: ISTJ Friend..

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I don't really get it either, other than that the friend either didn't get what niffer was talking about, or didn't have any interest.

MBTI
    INFP

I had to read it twice to get it, because I couldn't understand the little symbols and stuff, but LOL I get it now.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Get your ISTJ friend on here. We need more Ss so this "intuitive clubhouse" mentality (evidenced even in this here thread) doesn't take root.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Enneagram
    1w2

I don't get it either, but it looks funny.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Get your ISTJ friend on here. We need more Ss so this "intuitive clubhouse" mentality (evidenced even in this here thread) doesn't take root.
    How do you know we're all just not spontaneously pretending to "get it" so that we can all feel special about ourselves? (You could pretend too!)

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    ... it looks funny.
    That, it does. Uggh. Hard to read.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    How do you know we're all just not spontaneously pretending to "get it" so that we can all feel special about ourselves? (You could pretend too!)
    Oh, I get it. And I even find it funny. Just not in a "ha ha, look at the dumb old ISTJ" way that some seem to. It's neat to see how such different people can hammer out a friendship like niffer and her ISTJ friend have.

I find the differences between me and my hyper-organized and outgoing BFF (I'd say she's probably an ESFJ?) interesting and sometimes funny. She keeps a "control notebook" with her daily routines and plans and checklists in it. She actually talked me into making one on the theory that I would be happier if my homelife were less chaotic. I made it, and promptly misplaced it. She's not content unless she's on top of things and she has seemingly endless energy. I let stuff get on top of me, and I have seemingly beginningless energy.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Oh, I get it. And I even find it funny. Just not in a "ha ha, look at the dumb old ISTJ" way that some seem to. It's neat to see how such different people can hammer out a friendship like niffer and her ISTJ friend have.
    I think it's spectacular too.

For me, I could laugh at both of them -- just what an "odd couple" it was. They understand that each other is different... but have no idea why the other person would want to be that way.

I find the differences between me and my hyper-organized and outgoing BFF (I'd say she's probably an ESFJ?) interesting and sometimes funny. She keeps a "control notebook" with her daily routines and plans and checklists in it. She actually talked me into making one on the theory that I would be happier if my homelife were less chaotic. I made it, and promptly misplaced it.

I know, I know! I have tried to make checklists... and either I lose the checklist... or I just ignore it and move everything on it to the next day.

I also try to hyper-organize sometimes, just to get clarity... and it doesn't work, I just get bogged down in the organization and never finish it. It seems I really have to just have a few specifics, then mostly general goals, and then meander through the day taking things as they come.

So not only are we different, but if we try to use each other's methods TOO much to the letter... it does not work anyway.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Sorry... But what was actually funny or even interesting about that?

Lets all just fuck context. And post some random shit up...

MBTI
    ISTP

Hmm, that's funny... I thought it was hillarious, except I felt sorry for the ENFPs of the world

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

This thread is so predictable, I'd like to laugh even more!
    (But I don't want to make people mad.)