User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you rather be stressed or bored?

Voters
86. You may not vote on this poll
  • J: bored is better

20 23.26%
  • J: stressed is better

12 13.95%
  • P: bored is better

35 40.70%
  • P: stressed is better

19 22.09%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Hey, it's funny + very interesting if this is J-P thing because I answered as most P's seem to answer in this thread.

MBTI
    INxJ

Not that I care for stress, but it would at least give me a problem to solve. Boredom is akin to mental death.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't know how much stressed have you been; but strong stress for me means: insomnia, very bad mood, palpitations, zero creativity; if I'm bored, I can anyway easily find one of the million things I could do but have never found time to.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^but what if the scenario is that you're stuck in an empty room with nothing available to do...nothing...you can't leave to do something....you can't find anything to do...because then you're no longer bored right? that means your bored for a sec?? i don't think that's the point of the question.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I can just daydream if I'm bored and come up with a crazy new idea. If I'm stressed, I completely fall apart, become severely anxious, get migraine headaches [which I'm currently on anti seizure meds for] and can't do anything.

So yeah I'd rather be bored because it's easier for me to fix.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

^^ see then that's an answer...some people are saying if i'm bored i'll just go do something...but yeah...that's not the same thing.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

This was a hard question because I don't think it is possible for me to become bored. I was the type of kid who could entertain themself for hours trying to catch leaves falling from trees or would play baseball with sticks and apples- and if nothing was around I would try to figure out the questions of life that can't be answered. I still do that stuff too. Not like these kids today, with their IPODs and crazy doodads,lol.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    I

Yeah, if I was bored and I was enclosed in a room with absolutely no entertainment, I would just think about stuff. Much better than being insanely stressed. MUCH better.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    Not that I care for stress, but it would at least give me a problem to solve. Boredom is akin to mental death.
    Ah, happy I am not the only one thinking that. Thanks, 01011010, you made my day. You understand me.

No, seriously. Both is kind of stupid. And I know that lots of stress can be quite deadly for me; but I would still rather be stressed than bored. I have been bored some weeks / months ago and I hated it. That was actually just shortly before I registered here. It killed me; it killed my mind. When you have stress on the other side, it mostly means you do have something to do. And I like having something to do. Stress is quite easy to cut down. At least easier than plain boredom.

And again, thanks 01011010.
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    Stressed. Boredom is too close to depression. Not sure what the relationship is, but they seem to coincide.
    Stress often kicks my functionality into high gear, which tends to make me happy. Too much, however, is counterproductive.
    What Ina said. While stress can cause too much energy moving around in my brain, while it can make me lose sleep and feel worn down, it at least makes me feel like I'm moving. I get really depressed when I'm bored. Too much space that starts bad thought cycles.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost