User Tag List

Page 86 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

"if at first you don't succeed, give up"

MBTI
    STYX
    Enneagram
    7w8 sp/sx

And what of Boo? Well what is Minsc without Boo? The two would never be separated, and some say they are together still, up amongst the stars where hamsters are giants and men become legends.
    Even when the sun is shining, I can't avoid the lightning Oh, where did the blue skies go? And why is it raining so?
    Likes senza tema, Xann, N/A liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

“From the remotest past which Science can fathom, up to the novelties of yesterday, that in which Progress essentially consists, is the transformation of the homogeneous to the heterogeneous.” - Herbert Spencer, English philosopher/psychologist (1820-1903)
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla
    Likes lumi liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

“Life is the continuous adjustment of internal relations to external relations.” – Herbert Spencer
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

“Every cause produces more than one effect.” – Herbert Spencer
    Likes lumi liked this post

Spencer reminds me that in the valley of the blind the one eyed man is king and that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

MBTI
    INTJ

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.” – Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    “Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.” – Christopher Hitchens
    That guy hated religion so much. It did not help him.

MBTI
    INTJ

Introverted Intuition is not an obvious process to understand, and quite unlike the rational, straightforward thinking the ENTJ is used to. Nevertheless, if understood and fully utilized to support thinking, it can make the ENTJ the most outwardly effective and productive of all the personality types. For this reason it is essential to allow this gift to become what it can be, rather than limiting its talents and allowing it only to speak when it seems to agree with the ENTJ's outwardly focused thinking. Below are a few specific suggestions to help you apply Introverted Intuition.

-When confronted by a situation which requires an important decision, try to put it off for long enough to be able to sit quietly with it. In doing so allow yourself to feel and see the images which arise in your mind regarding this situation. Try to set aside those which appear immediately as the products of your own beliefs and thinking, and regard the others closely. If these images and ideas were the opinions of people whose judgment you trusted implicitly, try to question them in your mind and find the reasons why they consider things in such a way.

-There are some people around you who always seem to know just which way to go or how things work or what the outcome of a certain situation will be without them seeming to have sufficient information to be able to do so. These people are intuitive types and their world is full of possibilities which they can immediately recognize as apt to certain situations. You also have this talent, but you have a habit of not following it, rather you prefer to think it out and find the options which "ought" to be correct. I placed ought in quotes for a very good reason here, for you know yourself how often things have developed in the direction you had an inkling of, but refused to accept without thinking. Try to let these immediate impressions have their moment and recognize them as true possibilities which ought to be examined more closely. Understand that they are not baseless images and ideas but rely upon valid sources of information which you simply screen out of your life by habit.

Source: ENTJ Personal Growth

MBTI
    INTJ

"A healthy personality needs to have a good balance between its dominant and auxiliary functions. For an ENTJ, dominant Extraverted Thinking needs to be well-supported by their auxiliary Introverted Intuitive function. If Introverted Intuition exists only to support the intellectual rationale created by Extraverted Thinking, then neither function is being used to its full potential."

Source: ENTJ Personal Growth