User Tag List

Page 73 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

MBTI
    INTJ

“Science is not meant to cure us of mystery, but to reinvent and reinvigorate it.” – Dr. Robert Sapolsky
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla
    Likes Osprey, Evee liked this post

MBTI
    ENTJ

Your voice is ambrosia.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

The full quote that my signature is excerpted from:

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
    - Captain America
    and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Evee liked this post

MBTI
    :}

Some particularly good ones from the book I am currently reading:

“It’s a fake,” McVries said, his voice trembling. “There’s no winner, no Prize. They take the last guy out behind a barn somewhere and shoot him too.”

“Garraty thought that memories were like a line drawn in the dirt. The further back you went the scuffier and harder to see that line got. Until finally there was nothing but smooth sand and the black hole of nothingness that you came out of. The memories were in a way like the road. Here it was real and hard and tangible. But that early road, that nine in the morning road, was far back and meaningless.”

“I’m not tired—not really tired—yet. But I will be.” The scar stood out on the side of his haggard face as he looked ahead into the darkness. “And I think . . . when I get tired enough . . . I think I’ll just sit down.”

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

"You think you are the greatest sufferer in the world? Do you know that men are sometimes banished for life? Do you know that men sometimes lose all their yams and even their children? I had six wives once. I have none now except that young girl who knows not her right from her left. Do you know how many children I have buried, children I begot in my youth and strength? Twenty-two. I did not hang myself, and I am still alive. If you think you are the greatest sufferer in the world ask my daughter, Akueni, how many twins she has borne and thrown away. Have you not heard the song they sing when a woman dies?

“For whom is it well, for whom is it well?
    There is no one for whom it is well.’

"I have no more to say to you."
    -Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart
    「 」

"Thông tin khá bổ ích, mong mọi người sẽ đóng góp nhiều hơn thông tin dạng như thế này để forum thêm phần đa dạng."-jasonrobert252

9w8-2w1-6w7
    Likes lumi liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

"Nature is not human hearted."
    -Lao Tzu
    Likes EJCC, Cygnus liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

“Famous INTPs include: Abraham Lincoln, Charles Darwin, Alan Greenspan, Karl Urban, Ben Browder, Claudia Black, Jerry O’Connell, Kevin Spacey.”

Source: INTP | arendeepsyche.com
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

“We have a hunger of the mind which asks for knowledge of all around us, and the more we gain, the more is our desire; the more we see, the more we are capable of seeing.” - Maria Mitchell

MBTI
    INTJ

“All perceiving is also thinking, all reasoning is also intuition, all observation is also invention.” - Rudolf Arnheim

MBTI
    INTJ

“The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal.” - Aristotle