User Tag List

Page 72 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

MBTI
    INTJ

"Opinion has caused more trouble on this little earth than plagues or earthquakes." - Voltaire
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

“That deep emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible universe, forms my idea of God.” – Albert Einstein
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

“We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” O. Wilde
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Likes ESFJ, lumi liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.” – Dr. Seuss

MBTI
    INTJ

“Who says I am not under the special protection of God?” – Adolf Hitler

We must admit he (Nikola Tesla) was a prophet." – John Stone

"Newton was not the first of the age of reason. He was the last of the magicians." - John Maynard Keynes

MBTI
    INTJ

"Unlike the ENTJ who is primarily interested in inductive reasoning and determining logical inconsistencies, this is not the focus of the INTJ. The INTJ, like the INFJ, is first an internal perceiver who gets hunches or sees visions of how the world really works. Logic is only a secondary tool towards accomplishing that vision or idea, which may not be compatible with reality. The INTJ has just as much an intuitive, mystical sense to them as the INFJ." - Michael Pierce

Source: Pierce Presents: INTJ | CelebrityTypes

MBTI
    INTJ

“The truly creative mind in any field is no more than this: A human creature born abnormally, inhumanly sensitive. To him… a touch is a blow, a sound is a noise, a misfortune is a tragedy, a joy is an ecstasy, a friend is a lover, a lover is a god, and failure is death. Add to this cruelly delicate organism the overpowering necessity to create, create, and create— so that without the creating of music or poetry or books or buildings or something of meaning, his very breath is cut off from him. He must create, must pour out creation. By some strange, unknown, inward urgency he is not really alive unless he is creating.” - Pearl S. Buck

MBTI
    INTJ

“Follow the path of the unsafe, independent thinker. Expose your ideas to the dangers of controversy. Speak your mind and fear less the label of 'crack-pot' than the stigma of conformity. And on issues that seem important to you, stand up and be counted at any cost.” - Thomas J. Watson

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

"Do not disturb yourself by picturing your life as a whole; do not assemble in your mind the many and varied troubles which have come to you in the past and will come again in the future, but ask yourself with regard to every present difficulty: 'What is there in this that is unbearable and beyond endurance?'" -Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Spinoza
    While I was negotiating, a rumour gained currency that I had in the press a book concerning God, wherein I endeavoured to show that there is no God. This report was believed by many. Hence certain theologians, perhaps the authors of the rumour, took occasion to complain of me before the prince and the magistrates; moreover, the stupid Cartesians, being suspected of favouring me, endeavoured to remove the aspersion by abusing everywhere my opinions and writings, a course which they still pursue.
    LOL @ "stupid Cartesians". I wonder who the modern day "stupid Cartesians" would be?
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!