User Tag List

Page 70 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

MBTI
    INTJ

“After turning 18, she moved to New York City to model full-time, and later graduated from high school. She went back to school in 1994 and graduated cum laude in 1999 from the Gallatin School of Individualized Study of New York University, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree with a concentration in Comparative Religion and Eastern Philosophy.”

Source: Christy Turlington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    :}

"I've been thinking about this, Mr. Hand. If I'm here and you're here, doesn't that make it our time? Certainly, there's nothing wrong with a little feast on our time." - Fast times at Ridgemont High
    Likes Osprey liked this post

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty6226 View Post
    "I've been thinking about this, Mr. Hand. If I'm here and you're here, doesn't that make it our time? Certainly, there's nothing wrong with a little feast on our time." - Fast times at Ridgemont High
    And of course, who can forget Mike Damone and his expert knowledge of women?
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!
    Likes N/A liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

“People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” – Isaac Asimov
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

"Shamrock Shake is a really awesome beverage. If I was the president, I would make a law for it to be available year round, and not just in March." - Abraham Lincoln
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    INTJ

“Time is the measurement of the rotation of the Earths Surface around the Circumference of it's Axis.” - Tom Zegan

“Narcissism falls along the axis of what psychologists call personality disorders, one of a group that includes antisocial, dependent, histrionic, avoidant and borderline personalities. But by most measures, narcissism is one of the worst, if only because the narcissists themselves are so clueless.” - Jeffrey Kluger

MBTI

"DAD: I can't keep you all here any longer! God has blessed us so much, I can't afford to feed you anymore.

Nigel: Couldn't you have your balls cut off?

DAD: Hohh, it's not as simple as that, Nigel. God knows all! He'd see through such a cheap trick. What we do to ourselves, we do to Him.

GIRL: You could have had them pulled off in an accident.

DAD: No. No, children. I know you're trying to help, but, believe me,...

DAD: ...me mind's made up. I've given this long and careful thought, and it has to be medical experiments for the lot of you."
    - Monty Python the Meaning of Life

MBTI

"Come on guys...Are we really going through with this? Look at them! Theres only so much I can do..."-Robert E. Lee

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

"Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia; dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts, and recycling it for more than it's worth."
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Thales c624-547 BC Astronomer, physicist and pioneer of analytic philosophy from Miletus

Thales said there was no difference between life and death. "Why, then," said some one to him, "do not you die?" "Because," said he, "it does make no difference."

When Thales was asked what was difficult, he said, "To know one's self." And what was easy, "To advise another."

He said that men ought to remember those friends who were absent as well as those who were present.

The apophthegm "Know thyself" is his.