User Tag List

Page 69 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Oh, you think the darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn’t see the light until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you, because they belong to me.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

MBTI
    INTJ

“That’s why we hire good-looking people in our stores. Because good-looking people attract other good-looking people, and we want to market to cool, good-looking people. We don’t market to anyone other than that.” - Mike Jeffries
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    There is only one god, and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today.
    That we exist in the world, and that one day we will cease to exist is a fact.

Most people use self-deception against confronting the fact of their own mortality, and because of this it could be said that they are not living their own lives.

So every man dies his own death but not every man lives his own life, and for most people, death is the only time they will ever confront their true, authentic self.

God isn't death, we are, and the sooner we accept this, only then can we begin to live our lives authentically.
    Likes N/A, Osprey liked this post

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Evee View Post
    That we exist in the world, and that one day we will cease to exist is a fact.

Most people use self-deception against confronting the fact of their own mortality, and because of this it could be said that they are not living their own lives.

So every man dies his own death but not every man lives their own lives, and for most people, death is the only time they will ever confront their true, authentic self.

Death isn't god, we are, and the sooner we accept this, only then can we begin to live our lives authentically.
    You're arguing that instead of focusing on death, we should focus on life, after death is confronted? I can get behind that. Or is there more to your position?
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    You're arguing that instead of focusing on death, we should focus on life, after death is confronted? I can get behind that. Or is there more to your position?
    You are correct.

Most people look away, they cast glances. Some people look, and sigh defeated.

The true man opens himself to all things and is grateful to have received the present.
    Likes Osprey liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

"Ah, yes, divorce ... from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet." - Robin Williams, an ENFP according to Celebrity Types.
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

"You have to take seriously the notion that understanding the universe is your responsibility, because the only understanding of the universe that will be useful to you is your own understanding." -Terence McKenna
    Likes Osprey liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

“Why do women not make use of their intellectual potential? For the simple reason that they do not need to. It is not essential for their survival. Theoretically it is possible for a beautiful woman to have less intelligence than a chimpanzee and still be considered an acceptable member of society.” – Esther Vilar, The Manipulated Man

MBTI
    INTJ

“What a great advantage a man can have over women, if he only knew what cold and calculating thoughts are going through her mind…. while her eyes are brimming with tears.” - Esther Vilar, The Manipulated Man

“When men greet each other, they insult each other but they don’t really mean it. When woman greet each other, they compliment each other but they don’t really mean it.” – Anonymous

MBTI
    INTJ

“We call our country home of the brave and land of the free, but it's not. We give a false portrayal of freedom. We're not free — if we were, we'd allow people their freedom. Prohibiting something doesn't make it go away. Prostitution is criminal, and bad things happen because it's run illegally by dirt-bags who are criminals. If it's legal, then the girls could have health checks, unions, benefits, anything any other worker gets, and it would be far better.” - Jesse Ventura