User Tag List

Page 68 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

MBTI
    INTJ

"Human domination over nature is quite simply an illusion, a passing dream by a naive species. It is an illusion that has cost us much, ensnared us in our own designs, given us a few boasts to make about our courage and genius, but all the same it is an illusion." - Donald Worster
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla
    Likes lumi liked this post

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

― Friedrich Nietzsche
    Likes Qlip, Osprey, Doomkid liked this post

MBTI
    :}

I'm no idealist to believe firmly in the integrity of our courts and in the jury system—that is no ideal to me, it is a living, working reality. Gentlemen, a court is no better than each man of you sitting before me on this jury. A court is only as sound as its jury, and a jury is only as sound as the men who make it up. I am confident that you gentlemen will review without passion the evidence you have heard, come to a decision, and restore this defendant to his family. In the name of God, do your duty." (20.51-52)

If I could quote everything Atticus says I would.

To one's enemies: "I hate myself more than you ever could."
    Alain de Botton
    Likes ESFJ liked this post

MBTI

"I don't think that anyone should speak until spoken to" -ala Frosty

MBTI
    INTJ

“The sensing types are not in such close communication with their unconscious. They do not trust an answer that suddenly appears. They do not think it prudent to pounce. They tend to define intelligence as “soundness of understanding,” a sure and solid agreement of conclusions with facts; and how is that possible until the facts have been considered?” - Isabel Briggs Myers, Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type

“The sensing person has faith in the actual, the intuitive in the possible. As each concentrates accordingly, they seldom look at anything from the same angle. The difference in viewpoint becomes acute, often exasperating, when the person with sensing has authority over the intuitive and the intuitive comes up with a blazing idea. The intuitive tends to present the idea in rough form—suitable for another intuitive—and expects the sensing listener to concentrate on the main point and ignore the sketchy details. The sensing person’s natural reaction is to concentrate on what is missing, decide that the idea cannot work (and of course it cannot in that form), and flatly turn it down. One idea is wasted, one intuitive is frustrated, and one sensing executive has to deal with a resentful subordinate.” - Isabel Briggs Myers, Gifts Differing: Understanding Personality Type
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

“Some care is needed in using Descartes' argument. "I think, therefore I am" says rather more than is strictly certain. It might seem as though we are quite sure of being the same person to-day as we were yesterday, and this is no doubt true in some sense. But the real Self is as hard to arrive at as the real table, and does not seem to have that absolute, convincing certainty that belongs to particular experiences.”
    ― Bertrand Russell, The Problems of Philosophy
    「 」

"Thông tin khá bổ ích, mong mọi người sẽ đóng góp nhiều hơn thông tin dạng như thế này để forum thêm phần đa dạng."
    -jasonrobert252

9w8-2w1-6w7

MBTI

"Do or do not, there is no try"- Yoda

"What is walmart? Do they sell like walls there?"- Paris Hilton

MBTI
    INTJ

"DiSC is a behavior assessment tool based on the DISC theory of psychologist William Moulton Marston, which centers on four different behavioral traits: Dominance, inducement, submission, and compliance. This theory was then developed into a behavioral assessment tool by industrial psychologist Walter Vernon Clarke. It is not a personality assessment. DiSC shows your behavior when the person is in a particular environment. For example, most people would say they do not behave the same at home and at work - but they are the same single personality." - Wikipedia

Source: DISC assessment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

waiting for Winterman Array Osprey's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

There is only one god, and his name is Death. And there is only one thing we say to Death: Not today.
    Winterman is coming through the forest down to his Chrimbus cave inside the woods. Now's the time to tell him everything you want inside your Chrimbus bush!