User Tag List

Page 63 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

“Men don’t realise that if we’re sleeping with them on the first date, we’re probably not interested in seeing them again either” - Chelsea Handler.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Default Quotes from "Welcome to Night Vale"

Shorter quotes from the radio show / Welcome to Night Vale tweets:

"On this day in history: people related to you whose names you do not know performed actions that were never recorded."

"There's nothing under your bed. There's nothing in your closet. Nothing waits in every darkness. Nothing is the most terrifying thing of all."

"Monday would like you to leave it alone! It is not its fault that you are emotionally unprepared for your professional lives."

"Remember: If you see something, say nothing, and drink to forget."

"Last Christmas I gave you my heart. The very next day you were still quite shaken over this gory and incomprehensible gesture."

"Death is only the end if you assume the story is about you."

---------------------------

Longer quotes:

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Alaska liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

The following quote has got to be my most favorite quote all year long:

“I mean if you just look inside the brain, it…..a very complicated organ but it’s 100 billion neurons and 100 trillion synapses so a lot of neurons talking to each other but just take it down to one neuron right, it’s looking for an input and once it gets the input it fires and that firing causes another neuron to fire and that’s how the brain works, right, how do you get conscious will, freewill into that system, it’s just inputs and outputs on a vast massive scale where we’re incorporating lots of information and we’re making simulations and calculations but it’s all happening in neurons right there’s nothing directing the neurons there’s no ghost-in-the-machine that’s telling the neurons how to behave and each individual neuron isn’t a mind where it says, you know I’m not gonna fire this time I’m deciding not to fire right, that’s what the brain is so it’s hard knowing that’s how things work how do you get in a conscious choice into that?” – Dr. Thalia Wheatley, from the Youtube video “Alan Alda gets hypnotized” between approximately 9 minutes and 20 seconds and 10 minutes and 19 seconds.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKt_b3-OYcs
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

“There is something within me that might be illusion as it is often case with young delighted people, but if I would be fortunate to achieve some of my ideals, it would be on the behalf of the whole of humanity. If those hopes would become fulfilled, the most exiting thought would be that it is a deed of a Serb.” - Nikola Tesla

“Out of this war, the greatest since the beginning of history, a new world must be born, a world that would justify the sacrifices offered by humanity. This new world must be a world in which there shall be no exploitation of the weak by the strong, of the good by the evil; where there will be no humiliation of the poor by the violence of the rich; where the products of intellect, science and art will serve society for the betterment and beautification of life, and not the individuals for achieving wealth." - Nikola Tesla

Still think INTJs are all "evil?"
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

“On more than one occasion you have offended me, but in my qualities both as Christian and philosopher I have always forgiven you and only pitied you for your errors.” - Nikola Tesla

“So astounding are the facts in this connection, that it would seem as though the Creator, himself had electrically designed this planet...” – Nikola Tesla

Live and let live

Likes Doomkid liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

"Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say."

and it's nice enough to
    make a man
    weep, but I don't
    weep, do
    you?

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw or gryffindor (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes 21%, SD45T-2 liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

"As strange as it seems, I am coming to believe that there are some people, maybe many, who believe that rules actually exist. That when you write a law it actually changes the world. That when you forbid bullying in school, bullying will magically decrease. And magically is the operative word because there is nothing inherent in paper and ink to change people's behavior. Unenforced, rules only have power over the people who consciously agree to abide by them or those so brainwashed or superstitious that they, too believe the rules are real. Someone who believes that a 'Keep Off The Grass' sign actually forces people not to walk on grass." - Rory Miller
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INTJ

"A person who has been punished is not thereby simply less inclined to behave in a given way; at best, he learns how to avoid punishment." - B. F. Skinner