User Tag List

Page 62 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    It is so curious to me that people should be uncomfortable with right and wrong.
    You're entitled to that interpretation if that's what you took from it, but if you're assuming I did as well you would be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    “Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t. Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die. Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.”
    ― Richard Siken

I love your quote.
    Last edited by LonestarCowgirl; 03-16-2015 at 05:40 PM.

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

"God sleeps in the rocks, stirs in the plants, dreams in the animals, and finally awakens in man." - Vedic Proverb
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    “Imagine that the world is made out of love. Now imagine that it isn’t. Imagine a story where everything goes wrong, where everyone has their back against the wall, where everyone is in pain and acting selfishly because if they don’t, they’ll die. Imagine a story, not of good against evil, but of need against need against need, where everyone is at cross-purposes and everyone is to blame.”
    ― Richard Siken

It is so curious to me that people should be uncomfortable with right and wrong.
    I think the quote is describing the irony between true love, which is selfless, and needy love, which is selfish. Selfish love is obsession and need against need; it's not fit to be called love, yet people still get confused. The latter is the type of unloving behavior we most commonly see in the world today. The high divorce rate is evidence. We can also see it in our day to day interactions with people; for example, driving in traffic and being cut off or not allowed to change lanes when we signal.

Right and wrong for whom?

MBTI
    INTJ

"To raise new questions, new possibilities, to regard old problems from a new angle, requires creative imagination and marks real advance in science." - Albert Einstein
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

“You'll never know everything about anything, especially something you love.” ― Julia Child

“A wise man never knows all, only fools know everything.” - African Proverb
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/so
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

“Don't spit into the well - you might drink from it later”
    -Yiddish Proverb

“Don't be too sweet lest you be eaten up; don't be too bitter lest you be spewed out”
    -Yiddish Proverb
    「 」

9w8-2w1-6w7 sp/so

"Those who know don't say, and those who say don't know." - Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    INTJ

“To be loved is to be fortunate, but to be hated is to achieve distinction.” - Minna Antrim (b. 1861), U.S. epigrammist. Naked Truth and Veiled Allusions, p. 60 (1901).