Page 59 of 114 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

"Sick of tea? That's like being sick of breathing!" ~Uncle Iroh

Suave y Fuerte Array BadOctopus's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

"One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about human beings was their habit of continually stating and repeating the obvious, as in It's a nice day, or You're very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you alright? At first Ford had formed a theory to account for this strange behaviour. If human beings don't keep exercising their lips, he thought, their mouths probably seize up. After a few months' consideration and observation he abandoned this theory in favour of a new one. If they don't keep on exercising their lips, he thought, their brains start working."

-- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
    WOOP WOOP WOOP
    Likes lumi liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

“Kindness is something that I feel is leaving us a little bit - people are getting more self-involved.” - Cobie Smulders, an ENTJ according to Celebrity Types.
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla
    Likes lumi liked this post

"Extraverted Intuition also has the ability to make obscure connections. The Ne user can take two seemingly unrelated topics and bring them together. This can also cause the user to have an off-beat sense of humor." - Personality Growth
    Likes serenesam liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

"The Forer effect (also called the Barnum effect after P. T. Barnum's observation that "we've got something for everyone") is the observation that individuals will give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specifically for them, but are in fact vague and general enough to apply to a wide range of people. This effect can provide a partial explanation for the widespread acceptance of some beliefs and practices, such as astrology, fortune telling, graphology, aura reading and some types of personality tests." - Wikipedia
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
    "A negative mind will never give you a positive life." http://bosniannames.com/

MBTI
    INTJ

“Not anyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere.” – Jan Pinkava Ratatouille

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

A dream! What is a dream? And is not our life a dream? I will say more. Suppose that this paradise will never come to pass (that I understand), yet I shall go on preaching it. And yet how simple it is: in one day, in one hour everything could be arranged at once! The chief thing is to love others like yourself, that's the chief thing, and that's everything; nothing else is wanted — you will find out at once how to arrange it all. And yet it's an old truth which has been told and retold a billion times — but it has not formed part of our lives! The consciousness of life is higher than life, the knowledge of the laws of happiness is higher than happiness — that is what one must contend against. And I shall. If only everyone wants it, it can be arranged at once.

Fyodor Dostoevsky
    Likes Gamine liked this post

Permabanned Array
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.
    -Bertrand Russell
    Likes Qlip, Dopa liked this post

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    "The Forer effect (also called the Barnum effect after P. T. Barnum's observation that "we've got something for everyone") is the observation that individuals will give high accuracy ratings to descriptions of their personality that supposedly are tailored specifically for them, but are in fact vague and general enough to apply to a wide range of people. This effect can provide a partial explanation for the widespread acceptance of some beliefs and practices, such as astrology, fortune telling, graphology, aura reading and some types of personality tests." - Wikipedia
    Oh my God, not, some types of personality tests.
    There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing.
    Click on http://www.online-literature.com/grahame/windwillows/1/

Understanding McLuhan 1974 - Full lecture Living in an Acoustic World | University of South Florida - YouTube
    Likes Evee liked this post