User Tag List

Page 56 of 114 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

Nips away your dignity Array Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Though I have the world at my fingertips, it does not compare to the infinite number of worlds that preside my mind.
    Likes Mole, Evee, Daenera liked this post

The creative individual has the capacity to free himself from the web of social pressures in which the rest of us are caught. He is capable of questioning the assumptions that the rest of us accept.

- John W Gardner -
    Likes five sounds, Mole, Evee liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

"No one has the ability to understand our path until it is over, and if you can sustain your interest in what you are doing in your later years, you are very lucky. Many people get tired, indifferent, and defensive, and lose their capacity for astonishment…Daily life astonishes me. I’m looking through the door here, at the little table-and-chairs that was painted a light green and yellow, and there’s a plant on the table — a little pussy willow — and the combination is totally astonishing… Shadows in the night astonish me. And when you’re working, and you’re putting forms out on paper, every once in a while you’ll be astonished by what happens… The great thing about the work, and particularly work later in your life, is that you can still maintain the sense of possibility that at the end of the day you’ll know something that you didn’t know at the beginning of the day. And I just find that an extraordinary gift." - Milton Glaser
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INTJ

“Confidence is like a dragon where, for every head cut off, two more heads grow back.” ― Criss Jami, Venus in Arms
    "And then, as I got her message, there came a light from her eyes - powerful beams of light." - Nikola Tesla
    Likes ESFJ liked this post

The good neighbor looks beyond the external accidents and discerns those inner qualities that make all men human and, therefore, brothers.
    Likes five sounds liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

"Virtue has a veil, vice a mask." - Victor Hugo

MBTI
    INTJ

“Everything in life is luck.” – Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    I just came across this quote today, and it has affected me deeply:

“It is not depression or anxiety that truly hurts us. It is our active resistance against these states of mind and body. If you wake up with low energy, hopeless thoughts, and a lack of motivation - that is a signal from you to you. That is a sure sign that something in your mind or in your life is making you sick, and you must attend to that signal. But what do most people do? They hate their depressed feelings. They think "Why me?" They push them down. They take a pill. And so, the feelings return again and again, knocking at your door with a message while you turn up all the noise in your cave, refusing to hear the knocks. Madness. Open the door. Invite in depression. Invite anxiety. Invite self-hatred. Invite shame. Hear their message. Give them a hug. Accept their tirades as exaggerated mistruths typical of any upset person. Love your darkness and you shall know your light.”
    ― Vironika Tugaleva
    in that context:
    Likes ESFJ liked this post

You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night to write.

MBTI
    INTJ

"I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Isaac Newton
    Likes ESFJ, LonestarCowgirl liked this post