User Tag List

Page 47 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Quotes

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so

Another one!

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters... compared to what lies within us." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
    "There are so many things to battle, why fight yourself?" ~The Thieves

"A fickle heart is the only constant in this world." ~Turnip-Head

~ Melancholic - 70%Si/65%Te/55%Fi/55%Ne - Trainee Regiment ~

ndovjtjcaqidthi

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

"The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience." - Emily Dickinson
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    IEE Ni

“I was within and without. Simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life.” - The Great Gatsby

“I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library.” -The Great Gatsby
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    WILD

To @uumlau

“We are focus-points of consciousness, [...] enormously creative. When we enter the self-constructed hologrammetric arena we call spacetime, we begin at once to generate creativity particles, imajons, in violent continuous pyrotechnic deluge. Imajons have no charge of their own but are strongly polarized through our attitudes and by the force of our choice and desire into clouds of conceptons, a family of very-high-energy particles which may be positive, negative or neutral. [...] Some common positive conceptions are exhilarons, excytons, rhapsodons, jovions. Common negative conceptions include gloomons, tormentons, tribulons, agonons, miserons.
    "Indefinite numbers of conceptions are created in nonstop eruption, a thundering cascade of creativity pouring from every center of personal consciousness. They mushroom into conception clouds, which can be neutral or strongly charged - buoyant, weightless or leaden, depending on the nature of their dominant particles.
    "Every nanosecond an indefinite number of conception clouds build to critical mass, then transform in quantum bursts to high-energy probability waves radiating at tachyon speeds through an eternal reservoir of supersaturated alternate events. Depending on their charge and nature, the probability waves crystallize certain of these potential events to match the mental polarity of their creating consciousness into holographic appearance. [...]
    "The materialized events become that mind's experience, freighted with all the aspects of physical structure necessary to make them real and learningful to the creating consciousness. This autonomic process is the fountain from which springs every object and event in the theater of spacetime.
    "The persuasion of the imajon hypothesis lies in its capacity for personal verification. The hypothesis predicts that as we focus our conscious intention on the positive and life-affirming, as we fasten our thought on these values, we polarize masses of positive conceptions, realize beneficial probability-waves, bring useful alternate events to us that otherwise would not have appeared to exist.
    "The reverse is true in the production of negative events, as is the mediocre in-between. Through default or intention, unaware or by design, we not only choose but create the visible outer conditions that are most resonant to our inner state of being [...]”

Richard Bach, Running from safety

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

"The most exquisite paradox… as soon as you give it all up, you can have it all. As long as you want power, you can’t have it. The minute you don’t want power, you’ll have more than you ever dreamed possible." - Ram Dass

"Clutter and mess show us that life is being lived…Tidiness makes me think of held breath, of suspended animation… Perfectionism is a mean, frozen form of idealism, while messes are the artist’s true friend. What people somehow forgot to mention when we were children was that we need to make messes in order to find out who we are and why we are here."
    — Anne Lamott

"Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings — always darker, emptier and simpler."
    — Friedrich Nietzsche

ok, this is a poem

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
    — Alan Cohen

"But you can’t get to any of these truths by sitting in a field smiling beatifically, avoiding your anger and damage and grief. Your anger and damage and grief are the way to the truth. We don’t have much truth to express unless we have gone into those rooms and closets and woods and abysses that we were told not go in to. When we have gone in and looked around for a long while, just breathing and finally taking it in – then we will be able to speak in our own voice and to stay in the present moment. And that moment is home."
    — Anne Lamott
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

"Men always give up. I will never give up!"

-
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    "Men always give up. I will never give up!"

-
    Is this what Finnish comedians look like?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Is this what Finnish comedians look like?
    Thats what real men look like
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so

"My, what beautiful blossoms we have this year. But look, this one's late. But I'll bet that when it blooms, it will be the most beautiful of all." ~Fa Zhou [Disney's Mulan]

"There are so many things to battle, why fight yourself?" ~The Thieves

"A fickle heart is the only constant in this world." ~Turnip-Head

~ Melancholic - 70%Si/65%Te/55%Fi/55%Ne - Trainee Regiment ~