User Tag List

First 3644454647485696 Last

Results 451 to 460 of 1153

  1. #451
    ka-POW labyrinth_perhaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    IEE Ni
    Posts
    237

    Default

    At the enchanting metropolitan twilight I felt a haunting loneliness sometimes,and felt it in others" -The Great Gatsby
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
    -Oscar Wilde

  2. #452
    ka-POW labyrinth_perhaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    IEE Ni
    Posts
    237

    Default

    "okay kid, telling someone their 'soulmate' is in a coma is probably not helpful. Not having a happy ending is painful enough, but giving someone unrealistic hope is worse"

    "But, what if i'm right? then they have to know."
    "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."
    -Oscar Wilde

  3. #453
    Member Rimarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Posts
    67

    Default

    "Maybe the world until now has been a convenient fake."
    "There are so many things to battle, why fight yourself?" ~The Thieves

    "A fickle heart is the only constant in this world." ~Turnip-Head

    ~ Melancholic - 70%Si/65%Te/55%Fi/55%Ne - Trainee Regiment ~

  4. #454
    metamorphosing Flâneuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    MBTI
    InFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Posts
    983

    Default

    "We are as forlorn as children lost in the woods. When you stand in front of me and look at me, what do you know of the griefs that are in me and what do I know of yours. And if I were to cast myself down before you and weep and tell you, what more would you know about me than you know about Hell when someone tells you it is hot and dreadful? For that reason alone we human beings ought to stand before one another as reverently, as reflectively, as lovingly, as we would before the entrance to Hell." - Franz Kafka
    lust for comfort suffocates the soul


  5. #455
    Assassin from the future Qloshae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    NONE
    Enneagram
    5 sx/so
    Socionics
    NONE
    Posts
    116

    Default

    The only one I can think of atm is:
    "A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart."
    MBTI: IXXX (I don't even believe in it atm.)
    Enneagram: 5 | Sx/So
    Big 5: RLOAI (last time I did it)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    MOTIV type: SOTID
    MOTIV+ type: |S|oxiD

  6. #456
    ndovjtjcaqidthi
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by underwaterthing View Post
    "We are as forlorn as children lost in the woods. When you stand in front of me and look at me, what do you know of the griefs that are in me and what do I know of yours. And if I were to cast myself down before you and weep and tell you, what more would you know about me than you know about Hell when someone tells you it is hot and dreadful? For that reason alone we human beings ought to stand before one another as reverently, as reflectively, as lovingly, as we would before the entrance to Hell." - Franz Kafka
    Chills!

  7. #457
    Awake Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Posts
    5,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nights and Days View Post
    Chills!

    Oh yah? Chill on this...


    Out of damp and gloomy days, out of solitude, out of loveless words directed at us, conclusions grow up in us like fungus: one morning they are there, we know not how, and they gaze upon us, morose and gray. Woe to the thinker who is not the gardener but only the soil of the plants that grow in him.

    - Fredrick Nietzsche (from Nietzsche's Daybreak)


    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    Mark Twain and this quote remind me so much of @Qlip


    Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion--several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven.

    - Mark Twain (from Twain's The Lowest Animal)
    Walk first through the fire.


    *Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.

  8. #458
    Member Rimarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Posts
    67

    Default

    This is quite long for a quote, but it somehow is

    :Friends are called “friends” because they act close to you and lie to you. Remember: Friends, don’t trust them. Men. The good-looking ones give you a hard time, and the ugly ones even harder. Men, don’t trust them. Love. When poverty comes knocking at your door, it runs out through the window. Love, don’t trust it. How can you pay back a debt with one word? When you think it’s too late to do or say something, it really is too late. Don’t believe in sayings that tell you otherwise.

    : Mister, then what is there to believe in life?

    : Nothing.

    : Then I should’t believe that there’s nothing to believe, right?

    : You catch on so quickly.

    From High Kick: The Revenge of the Short Legged
    "There are so many things to battle, why fight yourself?" ~The Thieves

    "A fickle heart is the only constant in this world." ~Turnip-Head

    ~ Melancholic - 70%Si/65%Te/55%Fi/55%Ne - Trainee Regiment ~

  9. #459
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rimarie View Post
    This is quite long for a quote, but it somehow is

    :Friends are called “friends” because they act close to you and lie to you. Remember: Friends, don’t trust them. Men. The good-looking ones give you a hard time, and the ugly ones even harder. Men, don’t trust them. Love. When poverty comes knocking at your door, it runs out through the window. Love, don’t trust it. How can you pay back a debt with one word? When you think it’s too late to do or say something, it really is too late. Don’t believe in sayings that tell you otherwise.

    : Mister, then what is there to believe in life?

    : Nothing.

    : Then I should’t believe that there’s nothing to believe, right?

    : You catch on so quickly.

    From High Kick: The Revenge of the Short Legged
    I can summarize it for you!

    Believe whatever you want, but be sure you are aware of what you believe in.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  10. #460
    Member Rimarie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I can summarize it for you!

    Believe whatever you want, but be sure you are aware of what you believe in.
    Spot-on! You made the meaning clear and accomplishable (I just invented a word). Thank you! ^_^ I just enjoy reading that dialogue and figured that someone might too
    "There are so many things to battle, why fight yourself?" ~The Thieves

    "A fickle heart is the only constant in this world." ~Turnip-Head

    ~ Melancholic - 70%Si/65%Te/55%Fi/55%Ne - Trainee Regiment ~

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for quotes
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-17-2011, 01:28 PM
  2. Quotes
    By Typology in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 01:18 AM
  3. Favourite TypeC quotes
    By fidelia in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 11:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO