1) "Farewell, Frodo Baggins. I give you the light of Eärendil, our most beloved star. May it be a light for you in dark places, when all other lights go out. "
2) "They were once men. Great kings of men. Then, Sauron the Deceiver gave to them nine Rings of Power. Blinded by greed, they took them without question, one by one falling into darkness...They will never stop hunting you."
3) "You are a Ring Bearer, Frodo. To bear a Ring of Power is to be alone. This task has been appointed to you, and if you do not find a way, no one will."
4) "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us."
Sir Thomas Browne:
5) “I am the happiest man alive. I have that in me that can convert poverty to riches, adversity to prosperity, and I am more invulnerable than Archilles; Fortune hath not one place to hit me.”
6) "In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer. And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back.”
7) "Every moment and every event of every man's life on earth plants something in his soul."
8) "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
9) “Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.”
RobertCalifornia: TL thinks im black
RobertCalifornia: shes my homegurl
Hive: arent you
SpankyMcfly: wait... you arent?
thoughtlost: I am not really religious. I just like getting free stuff from churches.
The gift of mental power comes from God, Divine Being, and if we concentrate our minds on that truth, we become in tune with this great power. Her beauty is not small, for the lord of all things taketh delight in her.
"To those who fall I say; you will not die but step into immortality. Your mothers will not lament your fate, but will be proud to have bourne such sons. Your names will be revered for ever and ever by your grateful country, and God will take you unto himself. Canadians, in this fateful hour, I command you and I trust you to fight as you have ever fought with all your strength, with all your determination, with all your tranquil courage. On many a hard fought field of battle you have overcome this enemy. With God's help you shall achieve victory once more."
-Peace is not the absence of conflict, it is the mastery of it.
-In an archery contest, when the stakes are earthenware tiles a contestant shoots with skill. When the stakes are belt buckles he becomes hesitant, and if the stakes are pure gold he becomes nervous and confused. There is no difference as to his skill but, there is something he prizes, he allows outward considerations to weigh on his mind. All those who consider external things important are stupid within.
"Is there anything more American, than America?" -Bob Dylan
lol... what a stupid quote.
I heard that in an advertisement and immediately got angry at how dumb it was.
I get angry anytime I hear people say patriotic masturbatory phrases like "freedom" "liberty" "america" "american people" "honor" "courage" "commitment" because I spent enough time being brainwashed in the military to the point where those words no longer have any meaning.